Found an exercise that helps me

Ling

I just wanted to share this with all of you. I have found a wonderful new women and she offers Palates. It is allot like yoga. I feel fantastic when I am finished doing it. It requires very slow movements and nothing Cardio. I have joined her class and she is working well with me. She is very considerate and aware of the bodies many exciting problems. I am taking it very slow at this stage, as I am busy reducing my medication. This is a road I only plan to do once in my life. I never dreamt leaving my medication would be this bad.

If you guys have a class like this close to you, give it a go. I never in my life dreamt I would ever be able to do anything again. I must also mention that I feel it is the best form of exercising I have ever done before. I have discovered many new muscles in my body.

Wish you all well

! :o

Guest tearose

Ling, that is great you found something that is working so well! You sound so happy and even surprised to find your muscles. That is funny, and I understand what you mean.

I like the phrase "exciting problems". It sounds like this is a perfect teacher.

Hope the transition coming off your medicines will go as well for you too!

best regards, tearose

Way to go Ling! Being able to stretch and strengthen your muscles does so much for building ones self confidence, not to mention how healing it can be for the immune system - especially when you find exercises that fit your body's needs right now. Best wishes on the medication thing. Take it slow and easy! :o

I had posted this on another topic, but wanted to add aagin that I bought a Total Gym.... Which is similar to plates moves b/c you are usuing your own body resistence... So far I love it b/c most of the exsercises ar e done lying falt on the board or sitting..... My BP is much more stable..I do not get set back from it like when I tried regular weights, and I have more stamina to keep going b.c my body is not always overcompensating from the standing , lay9hg , sitting etc...

Walmart , and even BJ's wholesalse seels them for not too bad a price.

Ling, I am really glad that you found someone who is willing to work with you. I haven't tried pilates, but it is encouraging to know that you have had success with it.

Are you leaving your meds because of problems or just a desire to manage your condition differently? good luck whatever the reason.

I need to fall pregnant as soon as possible. I am leaving the medication because my doctors says it is either my medication or a baby. Besides my pots and other private medical collection. I have endometriosis as well. Last year my husband and I were explained that the chances don?t look very good for us to have a baby. So! We are very excited about working hard toward this in a few weeks time. :)