Night Worse?

JWPotsMom

Wondering if anyone can identify with our situation. My son always has a migraine in the background ready to pounce if he reads, is exposed to loud sounds/lights, etc. Other than that he's not symptomatic during the day (usually). He gets horribly nauseated in the evenings, bringing along with it a host of other symptoms that keep him up all night: migraine, chest pain, chills, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Does anyone suffer similarly? If so, does anyone know why someone can be completely debilitated at night when they're functional during the day?

Thanks!

Yes!!! At least two or three nights a month I am fine during the day and up all night feeling terrible. It's exactly as you described. I get horribly nauseous and then the chills, dizzy, I get purple legs. What I think happens is I start to get stressed because I can't sleep, especially if I have to do something the next day and stress really makes me worse.

My GI flares (GERD, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping) are always at night. They may linger into the daytime but the worst of it is at night. I also have a really hard time falling asleep no matter what time I get up in the morning and if I take a nap. I often get migraines during these flares. I used to think it was because I would push myself so hard to stay at work during the day and then have really bad adrenaline let down at night but now that I'm not working, I don't know if that's really the issue. I have a really hard time controling my body temp starting in the late afternoon and going into the night too...I'm either shivering or holding an ice pack to my neck and sweating. There's never a happy medium.

I have also wondered if it is a problem related to my circardian rhythm.

No snow or other visual disturbances, but his world often swirls all day long (clockwise last time). He occasionally gets prickly feelings on his tongue, ringing in the ears, extremely sensitive smell (down right unbelievable!), and/or light and sound sensitivities. These can happen any time of day, but are no where near as often or debilitating as the nightly nausea.

Rama,

That's an interesting theory. My BP used to consistently be 90/60ish and now I'm up around 108/72ish and my nausea/vomiting hasn't been bothering me since around the time I started getting these higher readings. (You know, superstition says I should not have written that down for others to see as I'll probably throw up later tonight! :P ) But, on a more serious note, I wonder if the consistent increase in my BP is the key to this particular issue?? I hadn't put the two together before. Thanks for that!

Katie

I also can tell when my blood pressure is low-fullness and buzzing in head n ears, feel nauseated with a stomach ache, sensitivity to light and sounds, etc. I automatically sit or lay down because if I don't I will drop to the floor. I wish we all could find a cure.