When You Faint How Long Does It Take To Recover

gertie

I guess it's my age but if I faint it seems to take me 24 hours to get back my strength. I don't have any energy & a fainting spell wipes me out more. When I was younger & could still work if I fainted in the a.m. I could still recover enough to get to work. That was approx 35 years ago before I knew what was wrong with me now when I faint I have to crawl to bed & stay for a long time. thanks.

As far as regaining consciousness, I don't think I've ever been out longer than 20-30 seconds or so. For my worst episode, it took me a little over an hour to fully regain consciousness (clear vision, hearing, lucid thinking) and then I felt really tired and woozy the rest of the day and the following day. That was before I was on medication. I haven't completely lost consciousness since starting meds and salt loading and drinking tons of fluids, but after pre-syncope I feel off for about a day. I'm 26.