GRRRRRRR.....

Merrill

I'll get edited if I swear, but can I just say ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH and you can all translate to the f word I really mean????

Unbelievable! Last night I wrote a really long post about my cardiologist appt and then lost it all in a power outage right before I was going to hit "post new topic" ... and then tonight I rewrote it all and went to shrink the screen so I could retrieve a couple URLs I wanted to post for you and I clicked the X instead and lost EVERYTHING again!!! :P

I am soooo frustrated!!!! and my neck is killing me (missed physical therapy this morning because I was sitting in traffic for 90 minutes) and I can't do it again. I just can't. Shoot.

I'm going to jump right to the end of what I was going to write and just ask you guys a question: If you've had a 24-hour holter monitor--and you have access to a printout of your results--would you mind posting what your high and low HR was (and the time of day) and also what your 24 hour average was? Someday I'll tell you why I'm asking ...

Thanks,

merrill

oh merrill!

that sounds like something that would happen to me! that is a big gggrrrrrr!

i had a 24 hour holter, but have NO idea what my average or highs and lows were...sorry! i was already on a beta-blocker so probably there wasn't a lot of fluctuation. i had it more to look for PVCs and such.

i thought that it was unusual that you hadn't posted or checked in after your appt...now i know why!

also, sorry that your neck is in such a flare...has it been worse since you started pt?

okay, i gotta go crash again.

emily

Hey, Merrill, I know what you mean about computers...I have hit a button occasionally and erased everything as well....just wish my computer KNEW what I wanted it to do!!

I too had a holter monitor 4 years ago but don't have any of the results...sorry.

90 minutes in traffic -- are you someplace having all the bad weather???

sleep well, and perhaps all (something?) will be better tomorrow. take care.

Guest tearose

Oh, Merrill, that is very frustrating!!!

Time to get yourself a present... a UPS backup battery for your computer?

And as for deleting the text the second time...no suggestions...I only wish there was a backup battery and a save button for the brain!!!

I'll have to painstakingly dig up old holter files if you insist, but wouldn't my heart rate monitor readings help you too?

Example: sitting in my cozy chair at night my lowest low can be 38 for just seconds and my average is 45-55. During the day I can go very high (160) and will swing all over with my average range of 80-135. I only allow myself to go as high as 160's during intentional exercise. I go into alarm at 140 to remind me to slow down or sit down.

Does this help at all?

hope you have a better day! tearose

My holter was something like 42 for low (while in a deep sleep overnight) and 128 standing during the day (but of course, I was on a beta blocker). I think my average was 75 or something like that.

Amy

Thanks, everyone. Only time for a super fast note... but I just wanted to say (given tearose's note) that while I do find incredible rate swings interesting ... I'm actually only curious now about holter results... It's truly not all that important, so if you don't have that info at your fingertips or at the forefront of consciousness, don't worry about it--or spend any time looking! I was just curious, and some day real soon (prob over the weekend) I'll try again and share a few details of my appt.

Thanks!

m

Guest Mary from OH

My low was 58 ( I think when sleeping)

My high was 186 (I think also when sleeping)

My avg was in the 120's

Hope you have a better day!! :huh:

Those computer's have a mind of their own!! I've often threatened to throw mine right out the window!! Usually that will get it to straighten right up!

My lowest was like 95 (sleeping) highest was like 150 (also sleeping) average was around 110 I think. That was a while ago. After my ablation my resting HR is in the high 70s and on some rare occasions the high 60s. Before POTS my resting HR was in the high 50s...I was in such good shape! I'm a basketball player...or should I say I was...hoping to be again. I can kick some *** on the court despite me only being 5'4"!

HI Merrill,

I hate it when I lose a post after typing for soooo long! But I just wanted to let you know that my holter monitor showed a high of 144 (I believe it was around 2 am) and a low of 38 (around 4:30 a.m.). I can't remember what the average was but I believe it was about 70 something. I searched for my print out on the results, but can't find it. Those are the numbers I remember though. :wub:

Guest tearose

I agree emily, she's holding back...maybe she is trying to cool down.

Merrill, hope you don't mind but I decided that unless you really need it from me too, I'd rather not go down to the dark, cold, damp, lonely, basement, to dig out my last holter. Unless you really need me to. :( But I'll do it if you really want me to. :)

tearose