Optic Nerve Hemorrhage

gertie

Have any of you had a problem with optic nerve hemorrhage or vitreous detachments? I've had 3 or 4 detachments & now the hemorrhage. I was told to be careful that these could lead to retina detachment. Dr's are always telling us senior to exercise & be active & when we do this is what happens. Now they tell me be careful, don't bend over, don't lift, etc. Don't know what to do anymore. Thanks.

Wow! I'm surprised about this! You also have that? I'm 28 and 8 months back I have had laser operation for prevention of retina detachment. Also my optic nerve is a bit of lifted of the eye but still holding. Also I've heard "don't bend, don't lift" etc stuff.. Do you have any glaucoma or painful eye problems?

Wow! I'm surprised about this! You also have that? I'm 28 and 8 months back I have had laser operation for prevention of retina detachment. Also my optic nerve is a bit of lifted of the eye but still holding. Also I've heard "don't bend, don't lift" etc stuff.. Do you have any glaucoma or painful eye problems?

enko, I was tested for glaucoma but didn't have it. The only problem I've had before this hemorrhage has been the vitreous detachments. I've had migraines for years & can't help but think that has been a factor in the hemorrhage.

I remember them telling me years ago the vitreous is attached to the retina & when the vitreous detaches there's always a chance the retina will also. I'm sure you've heard all this before. I hope you don't have any more problems.

I

I've also have bad headaches that I couldn't help. Also had glaucoma problems. My left eye is pretty bad - was born too early and retina detached in early days of life (I have no vision on it). That eye is dying by years, getting smaller and sometimes giving me excruciating pain that can't be help and making me cry. Don't want that to anyone, really! My new ophthalmologist is absolutely gorgeous and every three months checks my eye diopter, pressure and background to see how are the things developing for the right eye. THAT kind of great doctor I want to everyone :D My nerve on the right eye is calm now, but I was warned that the nerve head is a bit of lifted and that there is some kind of growth leftover that is still clinging on the nerve and retina, and if it moves it can damage the retina and the eye would fill up with blood and would require surgery (I would notice if that happened, it would affect my vision). We're not touching that by now, but she did patch the part of retina that was showing signs of breach (unrelated to the nerve).

Be very careful with your eyes! I have variable pressure on the left eye and it can give me big troubles! I can't loose my vision on it anymore but can suffer greatly from glaucoma effects. If you have a headache that radiates from your eye (from it, around it, behind it, from outside bottom corner), red and painful eye(s) and nausea (not necessary all of it but that are signs of glaucoma) you should check in with your doc or go to emergency eye care to check it out ASAP! Also you should go without a wait if you notice some vision changes and distortions. My mom had some problems and didn't react in time - now she has a huge gap in center of her left eye vision. They are trying to help with some injections but it's unfortunately not too helpful :( They guess it was because glaucoma although she didn't have any problems before (did have raised diopter though, I'm in minus).

On your place I would talk with my doc and ask to see he/her often (e.g. every 3-6 months) to check is everything ok. Mine checks glaucoma every time I'm there (yours should too) and even it looks ok every time I still have short spikes from time to time that are awful. Eye drops help.

I wish you all the luck and that things will get better! Are you in pain?