I Raise Unicorns For A Living...

firewatcher

I recently saw a new doc with a fairly straight-forward medical question that had nothing to do with autonomic stuff. He asked if I had any other medical issues, I told him about my autonomic dysfunction. That started "the look," and prompted his question about the symptoms of my autonomic issues. As I went on, telling him about my HR and BP fluctuations and the strangeness that is the daily life of a POTSy, he had an ever increasing, wistful smile of disbelief broadening on his face. It would be about what you'd expect from someone telling you that they raise unicorns for a living.

What else could you possibly say to get this type of response from someone? C'mon, let go and have a little fun:

I have a Yeti living in my backyard...

I brought my invisible friend for moral support; she's going to drive me home...

This only happened after I got a visit from the fairy princess...

Actually, what is really sad is that if I'd said any of these, he'd have gotten far more serious and not smiled at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, Doc, I don't seem to have any of these problems in the higher gravity of my home planet, Pern...

Sandy

(extra credit if you recognize the planet name from the books, gatorade shots to the first correct guess! :P)

Funny, Doc, I don't seem to have any of these problems in the higher gravity of my home planet, Pern...

Sandy

(extra credit if you recognize the planet name from the books, gatorade shots to the first correct guess! :P)

Anne MacCafferty-Dragonriders of Pern

And you get the Grand Prize.....my utmost esteem for your literary knowledge! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you should go back to this doctor and ask him to explain his rationale for charging you such exorbitant fees when YOU had to spend the whole appointment educating HIM. Then when he tries to explain it you can copy his same disbelieving look as he tries to justify his outrageous behavior. :blink: Nothing like having him be on the receiving end of "the look". Of course, louts like him are probably too dense to figure it out.

• 5 months later...

ha ha ha, love these! ... and chaos, im going to try that one on my doc later today!

I also think ill tell him...

the cat that crawls onto my chest and steals my breath is quite happy that im couch bound so often and sends his thanks.

ha ha ha, love these! ... and chaos, im going to try that one on my doc later today!

I also think ill tell him...

the cat that crawls onto my chest and steals my breath is quite happy that im couch bound so often and sends his thanks.

HA HA HA ~ How did I ever miss these? they are all great ~ I'm GOING to my Doc too ~ I'm going to let him know that my dog lays on me all day and keeps me bed bound ~ Now that I've told him would he document it in my chart, as it's not written in there anywhere. I assumed he knew by my perma bed head hair and the sheet wrinkled impressions that are embedded on my face at every office visit . Thank Goodness, he is simply the B E S T.

I'm also going to ask for script some coffee in my IV or at least a 8 oz bag to be pre-hug before the 8 hour infusion each day. :rolleyes: Oh yeah ~

This is all good ~