What aday

morgan617

:) well , had my first cold in ten years, got over it, but it did something to my meneires. (inner ear disorder) saw my doc today and had hearing test. Am going deaf very quickly in left ear. DARN. This has just been such an awful few months for me. I'm sure I haven't been missed, but I have been such a downer, I didn't want to get anyone else down, but I have just had it. I guess I just need to vent a little. The stupid thing is, only 10-15% of people get it in both ears, which I of course did, there are two kinds and I have one kind in one ear and the other kind in the other. So my BEST ear is now going deaf. And I have to start high dose steroids tomorrow.... For those of you who've had the unluck to have to take these meds, you know what kind of havoc it wreaks with us. Man....I am just bummed and a bummer. :) Thanks for listening morgan the gal who needs some cheese with this whine (Oh fortunately I only have a 90% chance of going deaf in the other ear too, tra laa) Will someone please call me a waaambulance

Guest tearose

Oh morgan, I am so sorry! It has to be terribly to loose that much hearing! I hope they can find a way to preserve what you still have. Is there any way to amplify what you have?

You have found a way to make a pun in spite of the news "whine and cheese", well, that is your survival mode kicking in...I am hoping you are also able to cry or yell if you need to. This is a rough dx to get. As you deal with this, we are all here for you...warm wishes, tearose

Morgan,

Feel free to whine any time. We're here to provide "cheese" and support! :)

(I loved your pun). I think it's great that you haven't lost your sense of humor. Like Tearose said, I pray that they find a way to preserve the hearing remains. I'm not that familiar with meneires disease, so I don't know if it progresses slowly or quickly. Are you preparing yourself in anyway, such as taking sign language or learning to read lips? It's awful that you have a 90% chance of losing hearing in the other ear, but as you know, our bodies often defy the odds, so on the hopeful side...there's still the chance that you will not lose the rest of your hearing!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Morgan,

I was actually thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing. I had hoped that you were better not worse!

I am sorry that you are loosing part of your hearing. Can you be adjusted with an hearing aid? I hope and pray that you don't loose the second ear.

Ernie

I happen to like whine and cheese!!!!I am glad that you posted. I am sooo sorry that you have been going through a hard time. It is hard to post or read posts when you are feeling lousey or down. I am soo sorry about your hearing loss. Taht is a real bummer.

I hate to bring up bad stuff! But have you had a workup for muscular dystrophy or mitochondrial myopathy. Your hearing loss, muscle weakness and dysautnomia may all be connected. I just wanted to mention this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your head held high and remember that you are missed when you have not posted. We are here to support you. Take care!

Dawn

Hang in there Morgan, we are thinking about you. I have been "down" lately too and haven't posted in a while. It does make you feel better when you do because of the wonderful support you can get here. I hope everything will work out for you and I will pray for you.

Oh, and if you find a waaambulance, send it my way when you're done with it-would you :):):lol:

Thanks guys, sometimes you just gotta laugh so you won't cry your eyes out, know what I mean. I did look up mito stuff, very interesting. Should persue it with my doc, as feel like I'm getting parkinson type jerks and stuff now. Any way thanks again and Danelle, can you hear the wail and whine of the waaambulance, it's coming to take you away hee hee haa haa. :) Morgan

Morgan,

I've also been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Sorry, about the news regarding your hearing loss. And the steroids. Can you get any of the hearing back?

Hang in there.

GayleP

<_<    well , had my first cold in ten years, got over it, but it did something to my meneires.  (inner ear disorder)  saw my doc today and had hearing test.  Am going deaf very quickly in left ear.  DARN.  This has just been such an awful few months for me.  I'm sure I haven't been missed, but I have been such a downer, I didn't want to get anyone else down, but I have just had it.  I guess I just need to vent a little.  The stupid thing is, only 10-15% of people get it in both ears, which I of course did, there are two kinds and I have one kind in one ear and the other kind in the other.  So my BEST ear is now going deaf.  And I have to start high dose steroids tomorrow.... For those of you who've had the unluck to have to take these meds, you know what kind of havoc it wreaks with us.  Man....I am just bummed and a bummer.  <_<    Thanks for listening  morgan  the gal who needs some cheese with this whine  (Oh fortunately I only have a 90% chance of going deaf in the other ear too,  tra laa)  Will someone please call me a waaambulance

<_<    well , had my first cold in ten years, got over it, but it did something to my meneires.  (inner ear disorder)  saw my doc today and had hearing test.  Am going deaf very quickly in left ear.  DARN.  This has just been such an awful few months for me.  I'm sure I haven't been missed, but I have been such a downer, I didn't want to get anyone else down, but I have just had it.  I guess I just need to vent a little.  The stupid thing is, only 10-15% of people get it in both ears, which I of course did, there are two kinds and I have one kind in one ear and the other kind in the other.  So my BEST ear is now going deaf.  And I have to start high dose steroids tomorrow.... For those of you who've had the unluck to have to take these meds, you know what kind of havoc it wreaks with us.  Man....I am just bummed and a bummer.  <_<    Thanks for listening  morgan  the gal who needs some cheese with this whine  (Oh fortunately I only have a 90% chance of going deaf in the other ear too,  tra laa)  Will someone please call me a waaambulance

Bummer Morgan <_< I wish I had something to say that would help. I can only send you my thoughts and good wishes...

Wishing for your really hard that your hearing doesn't get worse.... <_<

Nina