Wheatgrass

yogini

I've been taking wheatgrass pills for the past couple of weeks at a friend's suggestion. Supposedly it is good for detox and energy. Drinking wheatgrass juice is the best, but I am a fussy eater and can't imagine being able to keep down something chunky and green. Anyway, my POTS symptoms feel better since I started. I was having a tough time in the heat. I feel a lot more energetic. The energy kicks in about 1/2 hr after I take the pills. The only downside is that one dose is 7 pills. I take 3 in the am and then 4 with lunch. The pills are on the larger side and sometimes leave a bitter aftertaste. I am not one for supplements and think I may stop after I am finished with this bottle (which is 14 days' worth). But just watned to share that it is helping/working in case anyone else is interested.

Can you grow wheatgrass yourself? That would be awesome.

I've been taking wheatgrass pills for the past couple of weeks at a friend's suggestion. Supposedly it is good for detox and energy. Drinking wheatgrass juice is the best, but I am a fussy eater and can't imagine being able to keep down something chunky and green. Anyway, my POTS symptoms feel better since I started. I was having a tough time in the heat. I feel a lot more energetic. The energy kicks in about 1/2 hr after I take the pills. The only downside is that one dose is 7 pills. I take 3 in the am and then 4 with lunch. The pills are on the larger side and sometimes leave a bitter aftertaste. I am not one for supplements and think I may stop after I am finished with this bottle (which is 14 days' worth). But just watned to share that it is helping/working in case anyone else is interested.

im not sure whether you can just eat it !!!

Unfortunately you cant eat it, the plant material is very coarse and stringy, you would need to have a cow's stomach to be able to digest it. I used to grow my own wheat grass in trays and then everyday I would drink the juice by extracting it in a pestle and mortar, it was a very tiresome task taking up to 15 minutes just to get a shot of juice, eventually after a few months doing that everyday I finally gave up on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Endure you seem to have many of the symptoms of Serotonin syndrome.

I am surprised you say that because I also noticed the similarities between serotonin syndrome and my symptoms whilst checking online, especially when I have adverse reactions, but I am not sure how to be certain about it or to exclude it.