Creative Arts People~?

Kujiforo

I like doing creative things, when I can, to relieve stress. You can show off your art and musick and everything else. Its a nice way to relax and share things to take your mind off of illness. :P

I practice some animation recently. I've never animated clothing before, but I think my first try is pretty okay. I also sing the song in that clip.

That's just one of my recent creative endeavours. I'm actually making a full animated opening to a song I will sing that my brother composed to.

Here is the instrumental of the song, Binding Fates:

Well I hope to see some art or musick or videos from the creative folks here. I really enjoy looking at others' creativity outlets.

My therapist mentioned at my last appointment that she was surprised that I was not on an antidepressant. Fortunately she also reads obscure studies (like me) and agreed that my artwork acts as a natural antidepressant. The act of artistic creation directly modulates the brains serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Unfortunately, the creative brain is also vulnerable to other illnesses, based on the very wiring "glitch" that makes it creative: migraines, depression, bipolar, parkinson's and addictions. I guess there is a price for every gift. :P

• 4 weeks later...

When I read this blog I starting thinking to myself that I could use some more creative activities in my life. I have a small quilting business and I love to read, but I just bought a used electric keyboard and started lessons. Thanks for the suggestion. I now practice on my keyboard several times a day now.

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

Kuji-

What a lovely voice you have & eclectic interests and talents! You are so right that creativity helps get your mind OFF of your illness and totally wrapped into something else. I've also seen some of Jennifer's sculptures- gorgeous!!! Like Maggie, I want to re-explore some of the creative things I did when I was younger, music, art, acting, writing fiction.....

My son is very creative. He writes and performs (sings and plays guitar) his own music. This summer, he worked at a local music studio (through a UGA internship) and he learned to professionally RECORD music. This is his 1st attempt at recording one of his originals:

http://www.myspace.com/mackgregory2

Regardless, cool thread. I couldn't agree more. We all need to focus some of our energy into whatever energizes us.

Julie

• 1 month later...

I like doing creative things, when I can, to relieve stress. You can show off your art and musick and everything else. Its a nice way to relax and share things to take your mind off of illness. :P

I practice some animation recently. I've never animated clothing before, but I think my first try is pretty okay. I also sing the song in that clip.

That's just one of my recent creative endeavours. I'm actually making a full animated opening to a song I will sing that my brother composed to.

Here is the instrumental of the song, Binding Fates:

Well I hope to see some art or musick or videos from the creative folks here. I really enjoy looking at others' creativity outlets.

Very nice animation. I know that's a lot of work that goes into that small clip. I'd like to see more if you have it. I'm interested in animation myself. Well I'm interested in anything creative.

This is my first ever attempt at animation few years ago..It's just a silly thing I made with my cat.

But i've only done a few slides shows since then for family as far as animation goes.

But I do lots of creative things. it does help to have that outlet. I've been drawing and painting since I was 13. I don't have a site anymore but I have an album on photobucket so I'll share that here.;)

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/babu357/my%20art/

Susan

Kuji-

What a lovely voice you have & eclectic interests and talents! You are so right that creativity helps get your mind OFF of your illness and totally wrapped into something else. I've also seen some of Jennifer's sculptures- gorgeous!!! Like Maggie, I want to re-explore some of the creative things I did when I was younger, music, art, acting, writing fiction.....

My son is very creative. He writes and performs (sings and plays guitar) his own music. This summer, he worked at a local music studio (through a UGA internship) and he learned to professionally RECORD music. This is his 1st attempt at recording one of his originals:

http://www.myspace.com/mackgregory2

Regardless, cool thread. I couldn't agree more. We all need to focus some of our energy into whatever energizes us.

Julie

Your son is really talented!

Susan

Sorry I accidentally hit the reply button twice somehow and I don't know how to delete this.

Love the cat- very cool. Reminds me of the short films you sometimes see before a feature film at the movies. You know, they pass out Oscars for that category too....I'm just saying.

Love your drawings, especially the portraits. Elvis & Johnny Depp almost look like photographs.

You're very talented! Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the cat- very cool. Reminds me of the short films you sometimes see before a feature film at the movies. You know, they pass out Oscars for that category too....I'm just saying.

Love your drawings, especially the portraits. Elvis & Johnny Depp almost look like photographs.

You're very talented! Thanks for sharing.

Aw, thanks.:)

• 2 months later...

Hey, that was really cool ~

BellaMia ~

I was just recently told about a website called etsy.com where artists and crafters can sell their unique stuff. I like to make jewelry when I feel well enough, including my own personalized bracelets to clasp to my medical tag (I reverse engineered the first one I got from MedicAlert and then reconfigured it with a new bracelet that was prettier). I still have instructions on how to make your own medical bracelet on my personal webspace; easy and cheap. Also, MedicAlert now allows you to buy just the tag instead of having to get a combo bracelet and tag.

Nina