Not Doing Well.

Hello,

I have had this bronchitis off and on since the beginning of March. I am on my 4th antibiotic. Tonight, I've started running a low grade fever and my chest is heavy. My coughing is hurting my head. My HR is 130. I don't want to know what my BP is.

I called the pulm doc, she said she is ordering a chest x-ray first thing tomorrow morning. If I get worse I am to go into the ER.

I am afraid. What is this and why won't it go away?

I am guessing the fever and coughing has spiked my HR for me. I hope it comes down, right now I have passed the adrenaline threshold and I'm shaking.

I am trying to see if I can get cooled down if that will help the HR. I really really don't want to go to the hospital tonight. :(

Please send positive vibes my way.

Angela

Hang in there and I'm hoping you're feeling better soon. I've had pneumonia a few times in my life, and if that's what you've got, it feels horrible, but with treatment it will eventually clear up. I know it's not what any one of us us would *want* to do, but if you need to go to the ER b/c of the breathing issues, fever, etc., please do it b/c they may be able to help you feel a bit better. For me, having the right meds is what got me through--and I now have my own nebulizer at home for urgent times when breathing gets difficult.

Do you have seasonal allergies? That can really set stuff into motion--for me it's the Fall, ragweed season, but this Spring has been a beast for me too, and even for people who don't normally have problems. If you do have allergies, it'll be important to keep those in check in order to stay healthier in the longer term.

Hope you can get some sleep and relief. Feel better.

Nina

You ready? Ok....Here come the positive vibes and all the energy I can spare, coming at you! Please be good to yourself right now and rest and do things that you enjoy. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

J

I made it through the night without having to go to the ER. I just got home from having my chest x ray done. I am now waiting for the doctor to call.

I am tired, I only got about 2 hours of sleep because it is harder to breathe when I am laying down.

Nothing to do now but wait...

Thanks everyone,

Angela

Would you believe the doctor never called??? I am used to getting calls from her up until bedtime sometimes. But I waited and she never called. :angry: I will give her until lunch today, then I am going to call her office again and try to get through the irritable secretary.

Yesterday I was coughing thick white stuff, and today it is starting to turn color again. Grrrr. I have started tracking HR and BP at the advice of Dr. Biaggiano. My HR jumps by 40 bpm upon standing. This is on a beta blocker. I wish we could get this all straightened out.

Thanks everyone

Angela

Hey Angela,

Try this to relieve your bronchitis:

Get (or have someone get for you) some ginger root from the grocery store. Its very cheap.

Cut a 1" section of the ginger root off and slice that part into thin slices.

Place them in a small saucepan on your stove with about 1 cup of water.

Heat on high heat until the water is boiling and the ginger is bright yellow & pungent.

Breathe in the steam through your mouth and into your chest. I like to pull a stool over to the stove or sit on the countertop and breathe in all the steam - this will take about 20 minutes. Or, you can bring the saucepan over to the table and put it on a hotplate and breathe in the steam with a towel over your head to help trap the steam.

This ginger steam method was recommended to me by my doctor and it works great. The first time I did it when I had bronchitis it stopped my coughing immediately. Ginger is a natural anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral, and anti-histamine. You can do this steam several times a day until you are feeling better.

This method also works for sinus infections - just breathe through your nose instead of your mouth.

I hope this works for you!

Emy

That sounds like a great cure to have on hand. thanks for sharing Emy.

Bellamia

Thanks for the advice Emy. :angry:

I have not tried it yet, as my bronchitis symptoms seem to be waning. Yay! However, my HR and BP are too high.

BP is exactly normal when laying down, 120/74 or something like that, with a HR of 75, and when I stand, the BP goes to 136/96 with a HR of 109. Last night before bed BP was 166/112!

I had thought that once the coughing stopped the HR and BP would fall into line (as best they can, anyway...) but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Any ideas?

Angela