Pots Symptoms

Heyy everyone, I'm new to the forum and I was just hoping you guys could help me with a couple questions I have.

I'm 16 and I was diagnosed with POTS just a couple months ago and was just wondering if other people expierience

some of the same strange symptoms I do.

1. Heart palpitations (feels like the heart skips a beat sometimes even two or three)

2. Tachycardia (Even sometimes lying down, If in a flare up)

3. Pupil's that are different sizes.

4. Blood pooling in the feet (feet turn dark red if standing in one spot for to long)

5. As much as I don't want to talk about this one :lol: delayed bowel movements or bowel disturbances.

If you guys could help relate with me or tell me if you guys experienced some of these symptoms it would be a big help,

Also please share the POTS symptoms you have so we can all help each other relate. :angry:

Thanks Everyone!, Garrett

Hi..

welkkome :angry:

Sorry u have to deal whit this.. But happy u found this site...=)

I have all of the stuff u are asking about.. But I dont know if I have the diffrent sized pupils, I now that they are reacting funky (confirmed by a nero doc, but that was all she checked)..

The hart palp, the tacky and blodpooling is not stange to us potsys, so u are in good company here.. I would read to the info on this site, u might gett som tips on how to deal better whit stuff.. But what works for some doesnt for others...

I have the sloooww bowel movment, but others here have the oppisit or a compo...

In flare ups what i call very potsy days, for me its ust laying still, watching bad tv if I can and wait til it passes.. It does eventually.. But I am never pots free any more..

But It varyes very much how people are efected whit this, from mildly to totely bed ridden.. And its very common that it varies from day to day, hour from hour...

Stabillity is not a commen trait of pots...:lol:

Hope this site will bring u info that will make dealing whit this stuff easyer..

Hi,

My 15 year old son has POTS, Gastroparesis and small fiber neuropathy. He has the symptoms you listed, but his most debilitating symptom is nausea. He also has occassional brain fogs, can't think or concentrate. He doesn't like heat, especially on his abdomin, but if he gets too hot he will start itching all over. He used to have frequent migraines, but those have stopped or they have become silent(no pain) but cause the nausea.

My daughter (18) has some of the symptoms, but she is quite functional. She has the pupil thing going on too.

Christy

Hi Garrett!

Just wanted to welcome you to the DINET forum. You are welcome here, and I'm surprised you don't have more responses to your post yet. I actually have a related form of dysautonomia, orthostatic hypotension (severe), so I don't have all of the same symptoms you do. I do get blood pooling in my feet, and have tachycardia when I stand up. My HR will usually increase from about 60 to 125. I also struggle with constipation, but have found that taking 2 Senna in the morning and at night and eating high fiber cereal does the trick.

Again, welcome, and I'm sure you'll see your other symptoms a lot among the other POTSies.

Cheers~

Jana

All of your systems are of Dysautonomia. This is a disease of the ANS which is made up of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. An imbalance of your ANS will give you symptoms.. Depending on which is out of balance you will have different symptoms. That is why you have pupil changes. POTS is not the disease, it is a syndrome which is just signs and symptoms. The real problem is an ANS imbalance. The TTT is a crude test to dx ANS dysftn. Try and find a doctor who understands and does the ANSAR test. This test will actually evaluate the ANS and tell you what is wrong. I hope this helps. See my other post about Dysautonomia Info.