I'm terrified (sorry so long)

purplefocus

I agree with everyones' posts about getting this symptom checked out as soon as possible. I don't have the cramping or muscle pain, but I have had the shaking/tremors several times before. I do not pass out (have come close), but when my BP drops really low and my heart races in funky rhythms my body often shakes uncontrollably all over and my teeth even chatter, like I'm freezing to death or something, but I'm not even cold. My husband has witnessed this too. I haven't had a tremor/shaking spell in several months though, as my BP has been fairly stabilized. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Briarrose,

thanks for sharing this, although I'm sad you're having this problems, your sharing helps me in standing strong. I think your right about the low bp, low iron and saturation etc. (what do you mean by: low H & H?) all that won't make it any easier for the oxygen to come to the brain. Thanks for telling me!!!

Paige, I hope you're doing better today.

Best wishes to all,

Corina

Corina

My Hematocrit & Hemaglobin (H & H) were so low that I was close to needing a blood transfusion. If you don't have the blood and the iron to carry the oxygen in your blood stream, it doesn't get to the brain and you have difficulty thinking among many other symptoms. Hang in there and let us know what you find out please. Every little bit helps others.

Paige

How are you doing?

Paige, haven't heard from you. Hope you are ok. If you are like me, you might be reading from time to time but too tired to post.

I was just reading over your post and my response and wanted to clarify something. When I said that people who pass out go through a seizure like state-what I meant was that when a person passes out, they very often going into a shaking state that looks identical to a seizure. However, when they finally "pass out" the shaking stops. I read my post and I'm not sure that I made that as clear as I wanted to. For someone to have seizure activity for 7 minutes or for ANY length of time after actually passing all the way out is NOT normal or part of the passing out process.

I am sorry if I mislead you. I just read over it and thought I needed to clarify that. (that is the nurse in me coming out-gotta be careful about those nurses notes! :)

When you get a chance and feel like it, just let us know how you are. If you are reading posts but don't feel like posting, just know that we are all still thinking about you and wishing you good thoughts.

Danelle

paige.....

ditto, ditto, ditto!

i am really glad there are so many nurses on this board who gave such good information and were so firm about your need for medical attention!

when i read your post it really made me so scared for you, but i was one of the first people to responde...and i am not a nurse and have no experience with the symtpoms you are experiencing. i was afraid of sounding alarmist if i said something and didn't have the knowledge to back it up....so i am so glad others posted with such passion and concern for you.

i just wanted to echo that i was thinking about you and checking in...

emily

Paige,

I am sorry to hear about your problems. If blood work was done, I think you would probably be able to rule out the kidney ailment that was posted. They do a complete blood count among other things which would show if your kidneys were not working.

If someone mentioned this already, please disregard this message.

I notice when I wake up in the middle of the night that my body is shaking, especially my thighs. Once I move my legs around it goes away in a minute or two. It was a symptom that started as soon as my POTS symptoms began so it is most likely related.

I am sorry that you are going through such a bad time, I have had major palpitation that have scared me pretty good. Just try to hang in there. Hopefully you will get better or your doctor can help.

Tim

Edited by Timbo