For All The Georgia Peaches On Here:

firewatcher

I've noticed a lot more of us in Georgia. I am still looking for a "POTS doctor" here in state. Do any of your doctors "get it?" or even have an interest in learning? I feel like my GP's annoying, zebra patient, he listens and reads what I bring him and then tells me that all of it is "above his pay grade." My endo is ring-leader now, but there is no discussion with him and he is pulling on information from 10 years ago. I don't like the thought of this being the best I'm ever going to feel and I don't want to keep upping my Klonopin like my neuro suggests (I think he's in the anxiety disorder camp anyway.)

If any of you are extremely pleased with your doctor, please let me know.

Thanks Y'all!

haha shout out to GA peaches**

I'm also looking for a doc in GA. I found a cardiologist who's dealt with adult POTS patients but have yet to find a GP to manage everything.. or maybe an internist would be the way to go.

I'm on the hunt as well, if I find one I'll let you know. Maybe we'll meet in a waiting room one day!

get back to ya

Maisie

the cardiologist is Angel Leon at Emory Hospital. 404-686-7878

I haven't been to him yet, first appointment is Wednesday.

I am not a Georgia peach yet, but I hope to be one soon! :)

One of my main concerns is finding a doctor for my daughter and making sure that our insurance will transfer or that the insurance I will get will cover her. Moving is a lot harder when you factor in those considerations.

Maisie, do let us know how your appointment with Dr. Leon goes. I had thought that there must be someone at Emory who deals with dysautonomia and hopefully you have found someone who does.

haha shout out to GA peaches**

I'm also looking for a doc in GA. I found a cardiologist who's dealt with adult POTS patients but have yet to find a GP to manage everything.. or maybe an internist would be the way to go.

I'm on the hunt as well, if I find one I'll let you know. Maybe we'll meet in a waiting room one day!

get back to ya

Maisie

the cardiologist is Angel Leon at Emory Hospital. 404-686-7878

I haven't been to him yet, first appointment is Wednesday.

I'd be VERY interested in how this goes. Let us know. I was told that there were no dysautonomia docs at Emory by several Emory physicians (I've seen two endos and one neuro from Emory.) Give yourself some extra time, the parking lot is a royal pain to find a place to park!

I live in the Middle GA (Macon, Byron). I have a wonderful GP. He has a practice in Byron. He has one other patient with POTS besides me. He is listens to me on my good and bad days and does reasearch on his own. I also have a very good EP in Macon. His name is Dr. Oddis and is associated with The Medical Center of Central Georgia. He studied under Dr. Raj at Vanderbilt. PM me and I will send you his phone number.

I know that Macon and Byron may be a little far for those that live in the Atlanta area, about a 2 hour drive, but I would recommend both of these doctors to anyone.

I will only be avaible of the next two days, then I will be at Vandy for the next two weeks in a research study. I was told that I will not have internet access during this time, if anyone knows anything different let me know.

Andrea

Hello my name is Dana. I live about 30 miles west of Atlanta. I see Dr.Gregory Esper(neurologist) at Emory, and his nurse practitioner Valencia Hawthorne. I was originally sent there the summer of 2005 for a second opinion. My local neurologist had retired, and his replacement referred me to Emory, because my neuropathy symptoms didn't fit into the norm for neuropathy. So after much testing, including a tilt table test, and some autonomic testing done at Vanderbilt, I was given my official diagnosis:POTS secondary to idiopathic small fiber neuropathy in Jan 2007. I still see them two-three times a year.

• 1 year later...

Hey Georgia Peaches!

I live in a LITTLE town in Georgia about 1 1/2 from Savannah. There are NO docs here that understand. My GP told me that I was "beyond her expertise." I fought for years with docs here that insisted that I was depressed. Finally after fainting at work continuously and having days that I couldn't even get out of bed, I had a melt down in my cardiologist office when he told me that he didn't know what was wrong with me other than the fact that "life has not been kind to you lately." After I screamed at him for 10 minutes he sent me to Mayo in Jacksonville, FL where it took the docs 5 minutes to say I had textbook POTS (if there can be such a thing). Anyway, now my cardio guys is "learning with me" and is now really supportive I still don't have anyone who knows any more than I do except for you guys on the forum.

Atlanta is far for me. (About 4 hours away) but I am open to suggestions too.

I'm pretty close to you too Lovesweets. How did you find your doctor?

I live in Senoia Georgia and I go to two wonderful doctors in Newnan Georgia that have helped me alot and when they don't now anything else to help me they send me to great doctors in minnesotas mayo clinic that have got me out of a wheelchair and back on my feet by showing me how to use my body to counteract the dizziness and fainting feeling. The doctors names are Guo and Sangha.

Edited by thankful
Quote removed - please use Add Reply button at the bottom left of page