Anyone Feel Like They Have Adhd

gertie

I blame everything that happens to me on age or dys. I have trouble concentrating on anything long enough to complete a task. I start several things & get frustrated before I finish any of them. Instead of sleeping I change channels on the tv remote most of the night. My eyes feel like they are jumping & I can't control them, sometimes I do get double vision & have for many years. My Hashimotos thyroiditis is under control so I should feel better instead of out of control. I've started taking Neurontin again to calm my brain & migraines but I'd rather be drug free is possible. Anyone have these feelings? Thanks.

YES!!! I have to make many lists and use a superhuman amount of focus to accomplish things. I have projects going in every room and often rush to one end of the house with a definite purpose in mind. When I get there, I have NO idea why I am there.... So frustrating. People view me as highly functional, but that's only because I work VERY hard to harness my mess of a brain :P I've even ben tempted to try some of my son's meds (for ADHD- he takes them for a different reason/dysautonomia/bradycardia) BUT I am too afraid of the possible tachy :(

How do you get around this, Alicia?

Julie

I was dxed with add years before pots add if I diddn't take concerta I'd be asleep all day long! I had brain fog but once I took the med i could focus much better, listen to others talking, and my hr is the same if I take it or not.

:(

I think we all need it! I need more to make it through the whole day and need to talk to my PC.

We all need to do whatever gives us the best quality of life.

Very yes! My brain is always jumping around trying to start everything at once. I can't stay focused on just one thing, or I can ONLY focus on one thing alone. I'm glad (and sorry) to hear that I'm not the only one out there who thinks they're spazzing out all the time.

To date, I've found nothing that calms me down, except just going along with what my brain thinks it should be doing.

*edit*

I've also been diagnosed with PDD and Executive Disfunction Disorder, both of which can cause messiness, appearance of laziness, and hyperactivity. Wierd combo, eh?

YES, absolutely! I was diagnosed with it about 10 years ago, but never put on anything to help with it. I feel like a space cadet! Some days I can totally focus on whatever I need to, but those days are rare. And on top of that, there are many days that my brain throws me a massive "ear worm" that I fight with all day... and it's always some stupid song that I hate! What's up with that?