Checking In...

ethansmom

Some of you were asking where I've been recently...I am feeling OK, but the morning sickness has really kicked my behind this week. I don't remember having it this bad this early with Ethan, but I know every pregnancy is different!!

So, I tried acupuncture yesterday..for the nausea as well as fatigue. Of course it will take a few treatments before I may notice any changes, but I am hopeful. If it works for me I may decide to receive POTS related treatments after the baby is born. I am really trying to stay away from meds this time around, all I am taking is Florinef (micro dose). Have any of you had GOOD luck with acupuncture for any common ailments? Or POTS symptoms?

Other than that...my posts may be sporadic because of the yuckiness, but I am still lurking and reading ;) You all are so supportive and I am glad to have you around to listen to my whining...but overall I have concluded that what I am experiencing must be just normal pregnancy stuff. It just feels worse when you have a toddler to chase after...but he also keeps me busy, so here's to hoping these blah days fly by and we can get to the good part....new baby!!

How excited you must be expecting your second child! I am so happy for you. I tried acupuncture this past Winter and Spring (somewhat sporadicaly though)and think that it did calm down my nervous system. It supposedly boosts your natural immunity and by gum I didn't get any colds then. The only thing about it I found(besides not being covered by insurance) is that it's effects on my nervous system were very temporary. I would leave feeling good (maybe because I was lying down--I always feel good when I lie down) but by the next day I was back to my old self. I have found just as much relief from neuromuscular massage therapy which uses some acupressure techniques and found it more relaxing. So that's my 2 cents worth--everyone is different. I hope you feel better after your first trimester. I always felt great being pregnant from around 4-8 months.

I did not have much luck with acupuncture, but it is safe and definitely worth a try. Hope it helps you -- it's supposedly very successful for nausea. There are some acupuncturists who specialize in pregnancy-related issues like morning sickness and breech babies, etc. Check around.

Amy

Hey,

I agree with Ernie it really does give more energy and when I get bad headaches and get nausea it always always helps that. Does your accupuncturist prescribe herbs too? I mean the chinese formula ones that they make themselves that they learned at a traditional chinese medicine school. My doc gave me a fromula for nausea and said it was also great for morning sickness. Accupuncture has helped my eating and my energy and she is till working on the POTS stuff but I think it helps.

Stacey

Hmmmm, more nausea than with Ethan? Maybe this one is a girl :-)

My quick tip for nausea are those "sea bands" they sell at the drug store. Little wrist bands (like sweat bands with a tiny marble in it) that touch some accupuncture point on our wrist that eliminates nausea. Worked like a charm for my second and third babies. Wished I knew about them with my first, I was praying to the porcelin goddess for over four months!

Hope you find some relief with your new accupuncturist!

EM

Stacey- do you recall the name of the supplement? I went to the health food store yesterday looking for something like that..but left with a mixture of other remedies (ginger, lavendar, pregnancy tea). Nothing is helping!

This is definitely worse than with Ethan...it started as soon as I hit 6 weeks and came on much stronger. With him, it was mild at first, and hit hard from 10-12 weeks, then tapred off by about 16 weeks. The strangest thing is, this time I was already gaining weight and popped out of clothes since 4 weeks. Twins run in both of our families (there are two sets in my family living, and FOUR living sets in Dave's family). We are soooooo ready to get that first ultrasound to find out what is going on!! I would keel over, literally :wub:

In the meantime, just trying to get through the days with peppermint and small frequent meals :o