So My Colon Surgery Is This Friday/23rd At 10:00 Am Az Time

arizona girl

Autonomic neuropathy, NCS and hyperandregic pots have any experience getting through a major surgery? :blink: Mostly, may I kindly ask you to pray for me on friday that the surgery is uneventful and that I come through it and recover quickly and that it is heals well, so that I have one less medical issue to deal with. The surgery is at 10:00 am arizona time. Arizona time of this post is 1:15 pm.

They are going to remove a portion of my sigmoid colon due to the fact that it popped last year 9 months post car accident, and healed without surgery, I now have had a recent reinfection with symptoms and they don't want to wait until it pops again. I thought it was going to be next week and even though it seems like it has taken forever to finally get it scheduled, I mentally wasn't prepared for it being this friday. I have endometriosis and PCOS so things may also be stuck together.

I guess I'm having the hardest time dealing with the concept of mortality, with any surgery it is something that is sitting there like a red elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge. Had I had the surgery last year I might not have survived because my dysautonmia was still undiagnosed. So, the good news is that we know that now and can work around it. Also the labetalol that dr. gubb prescribed seem to have stablized my BP and HR, just in time for surgery.

So any advice or words of wisdom from those of you who have made it through a surgery, inspite of the dysautonomia, I welcome them. I'm so glad we all have each other to turn too! You all have been a blessing!

You will most certainly be in my prayers. I know you'll spend a good amount of time with the anesthesiologist and surgeon going over all of your issues. Maybe those inflatable boots that rhythmically pump blood back up to the heart would be a good idea. Don't know what they're called... But ask about them.

Every time I've had surgery, I've felt very much like you do....but I was always fine. No problems with general anesthesiology. Have you tolerated it well in the past? You are so right about being safer now that you are DXed and precautions can be taken.

I will keep you in my prayers, Arizona Girl. Post when you can after surgery or even have one of your family let us know how you are if you're not up to posting.

Gentle Hugs-

Julie

Good luck with your surgery Friday! I'm sure all will go well. When I had my gallbladder taken out they used the inflatable boots on me, and I know that helped. I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Let us know how it all goes.

Take care,

Jana

I'll be thinking of you. I've had multiple major surgeries--I tend to freak out later but stay calm during the crisis. About 6 months after my last spinal surgery, I started crying and mumbling to Teri that I could have died... to which I got back a big fat "DUH!!!"

Hang in there girlie!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers Arizona girl.

I talked with the anesthesiologist about my POTS when I had my cervical spine surgery. The neurosurgeon already knew about POTS, as quite a few of his patients have POTS. I also had those inflatable boots.

Make sure your abdominal area is supported once you recover enough to go home. My aunt used a type of support after srgery to insure stitches stayed in, and to prevent wound issues.

Take care------------------and BIG hug to you.

Maxine :0)

Will think POSITIVE THOUGHTS and sending a prayer your way.

Stay focused on the moment (or minute by minute if you have to) As mentioned just talk to the anesthesiologist...their entire JOB is working on the ANS via drugs and they can learn what to look for.

Good luck with the surgery and keep us updated.

Hi AZ girl,

No experience here, but will sure be praying for you. I know you will do well, and I know you are in good hands!

Hugs

Suzy

Hi everyone thanks for your thoughts, prayers and suggestions.

Those of you that used the boots. What are they? Also why did they use them on you. What are your primary dysautonomia symptoms? My dysautonomia symptoms where standing hypertension and high heart rate and hypotension and low heart rate when lying down. As well as the motility, temperature, and pain issues along with triggered hypotensive drop episodes or near syncope.