My Ears Are Driving Me Crazy!

Angelika_23

I have the feeling that my ears, mostly the left one, are very full. I don't have any ringing. But when I listen to the phone, or anything with my left ear, it sounds tinny and robotic. I am having some tachycardia off and on, so I'm not sure if I am working up to a "crash", or if this is just an ear issue unrelated to POTS.

My husbands says it is sinus, and I guess it could be, but I can breathe okay and am not having the "normal" sinus issues. I am getting some headaches though.

Any ideas?

Angela

Do you have allergies? Could you have an ear infection? I know my son cannot hear when his allergies are acting up. He talks louder - but does not have pain.

Could you have water in you ear?

You can try a solution of 1/2 rubbing alcohol 1/2 hydrogen peroxide in the ear for a few min (laying on your side) and see if that helps. ear nose and throat Dr. told me to do this with my son.

Do you have any pain?

Hope you are better soon.

Angela,

I go through bouts of tinnitus that drive me absolutely crazy, and also have the fullness in the ears. It seems to come and go. I can relate to how irritating it is! My doctor told me there was really not much to do about the tinnitus/fullness sensation. If anyone knows a solution, please write!

Cheers,

Jana

I've had issues with persistent congestion and inflamation--so my ENT put in tubes--which, for me, has been the best thing ever. If you go swimming, you'd need to get ear plugs, but other than that, it's been worth it for me. Helps me when flying too, which used to cause me excruciating pain in my ears/jaw.

Also, my ENT took me off a bunch of my meds, and then switched a few. He has me on Omnaris, which addresses the inflamation of my sinuses and nasal tissues. I use it after rinsing with my NeilMed system. During allergy season (now), he has me rinsing every day. We've been unable to get my insurer to approve me for Singulair, which was one of my best meds for my sinuses and ears, but so far this season, I've been holding my own.

You might try rinsing your sinuses with either a bottle system (like I said, I use NeilMed, but there are several: SaltAire, SinuAir, Nasaline, Dr. Hana's, etc.), or a Neti pot. I don't like the Neti pot b/c I can't crank my head in the right position due to my neck fusion--also, I can push more fluid through with a bit more "force" with the squeeze bottle. I've used SaltAire before, but like the NeilMed mix better--SaltAire had a weird aftertaste/scent for me.

Nina

Nina

I have it also in my ears, thought it was the new VOIP line with cable. doctor said it's nerve dammage in the ears from the pots as it's probably progressing. I play sound machines in the background to cover it up, SOME DAYS IT'S LOUDER THAN OTHERS!!!! LIKE today : (

I focus on happy things like I can play loud music and cover it up for a while. : ) then I smile!

bellamia~

• 1 month later...

Yes it's the same for me. Left ear is affected, but it's not that I can't hear with it or that I hear with the right one better, but it's like something opens up in it and I can hear my heart beat. It is so annoying. I need to close my nose with fingers and try to breath in through it. It helps for sometime.

I have the same problem and had ear tubes for a couple of years. They really helped. Probably need to see my ENT again after the neuro gets the cause of my dysautonomia figured out.

The fullness really throws my balance off. I have tinnitus, but it is permanent, tubes or no tubes.

It is really frustrating to live with the fullness--even Claritin and Nasacort do nothing to reduce it. Docs have been putting me on the meds for years and they don't help. In fact, the nasacort makes breathing over the nerves in my sinuses very painful and that triggers headaches and spikes in my trigeminal neuralgia pain--really horrific headaches.

Becky

I was diagnosed with Menniere's because of the issues with my ears (mostly left). Suffice to say after trying prescription diuretics that put me on the floor they ruled out treatment. I think the issues are with my Pots and not Menniere's, and have never been able to help it. When I fly I wear earplugs for about an hour before getting on the plain so that the pressure stays the same throughout the flight and that helps some. I hate flying for many reasons, but the ear pain is the worst.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have Random ringing sometimes, muffled sometimes, pain in ears from bathing sometimes....It all goes away within hours sometimes I have to just go to sleep and wake up and its gone. I don't know what it is but it drives me crazy too!!!Glad I can hear though:)

It happened in the doc office once and it was ringing so loud I couldn't even think and that eventually caused panic and by time doc came in its was gone (15 minutes)

Lissy