Pots And The Flu

blsvlo

I have flu like symptoms with a cough and burning chest. Laying flat my heart is racing (even on my beta blocker) and hurting so bad I almost feel like I am dieing.... I really rather stay in my own bed but I also don't want to be too stubborn that it could cause me my life.... I also have MS.. any advice for me?? hugs, Lisa

I have flu like symptoms with a cough and burning chest. Laying flat my heart is racing (even on my beta blocker) and hurting so bad I almost feel like I am dieing.... I really rather stay in my own bed but I also don't want to be too stubborn that it could cause me my life.... I also have MS.. any advice for me?? hugs, Lisa

I forgot to mention I have POTS..... :huh:

That sounds miserable. If such severe symptoms, especially when laying down is far from ordinary for you, I think I'd play it safe and see if a doc can help. At the very least, do you have somebody with you to assist with care & transportation? Of course, I guess the "stay hydrated" message goes two-fold with a flu with POTS. Are you getting any relief from anything, laying in different positions, reclining rather than laying flat, I don't know what else?

Do you have a fever? I would suggest going to the doctor and getting a nasal swab test for the flu. They can only give you medication in the first 48 hours of onset of symptoms. My husband and I just got over the swine flu. He is perfectly healthy and it hit him really hard! I have POTS and I am pregnant but I only got a mild version, thankfully! We were both put on anti-virals and we are all better now.

Lisabeth,

Are you still there? How are you feeling? Any change or improvement in your symptoms? Have you been in contact with your doctor?

~ Broken_Shell :huh:

If you have a fever or any signs of dehydration from not being able to keep liquids down, you should go. Sickly people, or young and old, who die from flu die from dehydration or fevers when they get the flu.

Thanks for all the responses....... You guys are so supportive...... I did get with my POTS doc and he upped my deta blocker just to keep my heart under control! I did work through it and stayed pretty much in bed. I do feel better today but I will be watching myself for possible pneumonia... Hugs to all, Lisa