Please Excuse My Whining

Mrs. Burschman

Sometimes, you just feel like grousing ...

My autonomic issues are really bad right now. Not sure why. I feel like crud. Heart keeps pounding, hot flushes, exhausted, "blacking out" easier than normal. I feel like I did when I tried to go off Paxil, but I'm still taking it! VERY ANNOYING.

This seems to have all corresponded with a worsening of my digestive system issues. Chicken or egg? I don't know if my digestive system is messed up because of autonomic issues, or if a messed-up digestive system (been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, but it's not a typical case) could make my whole body "freak out."

Either way, ugh.

It doesn't help that I have no autonomic doc at the moment. Or any doc, for that matter. I sortof have a PCP, but I'm not happy with her. I'm sure she's a fine doctor, but she has a very strong accent, and I have a heck of a time understanding what she's saying.

Sorry for the whining. I'll quit now. :)

Amy

Whine all you want! We are here to read and support. Sometimes, this is the only place we can gripe and people REALLY understand what we're going through. I actually had a decent day yesterday. Maybe happens 3-4 times a year. I cooked supper! That doesn't happen very often. So, I spent all evening thinking, "what did I eat the day before to feel better?". Of course, didn't eat anything new or unusual. Just would like to know what happens to get a good day! With you mentioning digestive issues, I started a thread on it. It seems like alot of us have digestive issues.

We are all here for you Amy!

Right now my GI tract is creating an autonomic nightmare... like you, I don't know which is driving which!

Let's both just scream on the count of three, ok?

3!

Hugs and Support, Broken_Shell :)

Thanks for the responses, everyone! Like you said, it's so nice to know we can come here and people understand our frustrations. Other people try to understand, but I know all of you do!

I appreciate all of you. Thanks for listening!

I felt a little better this afternoon, so that's good.

Amy

Hope you're feeling better today. We all seem to have digestives issues of some kind. My ANS has gone beserk the last few weeks so I know how you feel. It's usually me complaining about something so I'm glad to listen to someone else. I haven't been able to find a neuro in my area & my PCP doesn't have a clue what to do with me. Good luck in finding a doc to help you.

Hi Amy

Are you drinking enough - getting enough salt too? Look carefully at your routine and see if anything changed. Sleep, stress, diet, look at it all. Sometimes we just go through bad phases. I have been experiencing that as well. Even if we take care of ourselves things can get out of whack. Treat this as a "flare" and maybe take a couple of days to rest and regain some stability. When we are tired and worn down our nervous system is even more vulnerable. I am basing this on what my drs say and what I have experienced. HOWEVER, having said all that, I still search for answers during my flares. It is hard to balance acceptance with advocating for ourselves. Hang in there!

[::][::][::]

[::][::][::]

[::][::][steals]

[nibbles]

... <---[crumbs]

[burp]

I spent last night in bed after a lovely day at work moving computers here and there and then back over here and then there again! So I got a migraine! YAY. Even the hydrocodone didn't work. Then I got to go to bed and I woke up from a nosebleed that was gushing into my throat and I nearly choked on it.

But hey. Whatev. I'm here. XD [hugs]

Just keep truckin'. [backfire] O_O