Rough Night, And I'm Afraid

Hello,

I've been up most of the night. I woke out of a sound sleep to pain in my left arm and left side of my chest. My heart was racing out of my chest, and a new one, trembling that comes in waves. I kept trying to distract myself by reading so I could go back to sleep, but it didn't work. I almost had DH take me to the hospital.

I've had a run of things happen in the past month. First poison ivy. Doc put me on prednisone. Then a root canal, and the area got infected, so an antibiotic. (z-pack). Then an upper respiratory issue. These things brought me to my knees. I thought I was coming out of it okay, then everything happened last night. The trembling really bothered me. It would start in my legs, and work its way through my whole body. Really hard trembling. Then it would stop and ramp up again a minute later.

Unrelated things going on are I have had diarrhea for a few days and nausea. I guess I could have picked up another bug? I am going to call the doctor this morning when the office opens. My DH wants me to call the cardiologist, but I don't think he'll be helpful. But, the family doc isn't usually helpful either.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Angela

Sorry to hear what's going on... I understand that you are scared. Are you on a beta blocker yet? I am wondering if that might help in a small dose - it should help the racing heart and tremoring. I know what you mean about the trembling though, I got that when I was in the hospital a few months ago, and it was violent and painful, almost like I was having a seizure. Even though they might not be able to help, it is still a good idea to contact your doctors and let them know what's going on. Keep us up to date. You are in my prayers!

~ Broken_Shell :rolleyes:

I know how scarey it is when the trembling starts in the middle of the night. When I first started having it I thought I was having some kind of seizure. I would shake so hard I get nauseous. I finally asked my doc for Ativan & a small amt helps. Sometimes I drink hot peppermint tea & that seems to help some. The diarrhea could be caused from the antibiotics you were taking. Let us know what the doc says. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yes, I've had that trembling too after periods of nausea and vomitting, migraines, and my mom (who has carcinoid syndrome) has had this after a migraine. It's completely uncontrollable. All I can do is to wait it out. Ours starts in our legs, too, and works its way up, then repeats in waves. Sounds like your body has been under so much stress lately! I wouldn't hesitate to get supplemental IV fluids if you think you need it. I hope things level out for you soon!

Angelika called me but it was very brief.

Been admitted to hospital but still feeling horrible as of her call. Will let you know if she gets some real answers. Left side pain nobody can figure out and resting HR 140 even supine.

Oh Angela, I'm so sorry for what you've been through. It's awful. I had a very similiar thing happen to me yesterday. Nothing worse that your heart beating out of control. It's so scary. Something you never get used to.

Glad your husband was there for support. Doctors are the most frustrating people in the world if you ask me.

I'm tired of being told it's just panic/anxiety, etc.

I hope you are doing better today.

Be well.

Rene

Hello,

Luckily the hospital has wifi. <_<

My heart rate is still not behaving, but it isn't as bad as yesterday, either. My blood pressure is normal. My white blood count is elevated, so I must have an infection somewhere. Since I am having pain in my left side and back, I am wondering about a UTI or a kidney or bladder infection. I used to get those a lot. Anyway, the CT scan showed a mass on my liver, a very small one but a concern just the same.

My guess is I have an infection and it is tripping my POTS. Now we just have to find the infection.

I don't know how long they will keep me here, but I don't feel well enough to care right now.

Thanks for all the positive vibes,

Thanks,

Angela

No wonder you are so scared..GENTLE HUGS my dear

and continued healing.

You helped me cuz I am new at this. I used to get these terrible episodes and shake like I was having a seizure. I would get an auro before it happened..but could HEAR. (see my post). I remember a neurologist YELLING at me to stop that I was faking a seizure and of course they referred me to a psychiatrist. Who knew back then what to do?

Who are they referring you to for mass on liver?

Be blessed..

Warmly, Jan