Canadian Pharmacies

ethansmom

I was wondering if it is still legal to purchase drugs from Canadian pharmacies?

I just got approved for health insurance, but they won't cover anything (including prescriptions) related to POTS for 24 months. So I need to find a way to pay for my Pro-Amatine...it will cost $600 for a ONE month supply of the name brand, or $400 for the generic. However, ordering through Canada would cost only $115 per month- a substantial difference.

How do I find a legitimate pharmacy to order from? I want to make sure it's kosher first...can anyone help me out? I hope it was ok to post this, I remembered similar post a while back from Michelle but I couldn't find it!!

Hi Jessica,

I have never bought drugs from Canada, but because I work for a newspaper I have to be up to date on the subject. In Wisconsin, our governor actually started a Web site about buying drugs safely from Canada. It is www.drugsavings.wi.gov.

Buying from Canada is technically illegal; however, that doesn't mean it can't be done. If I were to buy from there, I would go to canadarx.com. The guy who runs it has been interviewed by many major media, and he sure seems legit.

Please do your homework. Make sure you visit the pharmacychecker.com site, too; I think they compare prices of U.S. and Canada.

Amy

I buy from Canada on a regular basis. I save a HUGE amount of money...hundreds of dollars a month. I've never had a problem, either. Personally, I think a lot of the hype made about buying meds from Canada is made from those who are losing money because you aren't buying meds from them here in the states.

It's been wonderful for me.

Here is a recent article regarding buying drugs from Canada:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/12/...ain605700.shtml

Michelle

You should contact the drug company who makes or distributes Proamatine in the United States. You can find that information online. They have a program for people who do not have prescription coverage so that they can get Proamatine at a reduced cost or, in some cases, at no cost. You should also look into your city or county social service programs and see if they offer any assistance for buying prescription drugs. However, I think that going directly to the company is your best route.

Etoly

the only drugs legal to get in canada are drugs that are not available here. however, if i didn't have coverage, i'd certainly consider it. it would be nice if we could boycott pharmaceutical companies that are bilking us big time. and now with this vioxx thing, i think a lot of drug prices are going to soar. :unsure: my hubby was on it for 2 years! morgan

Etoly-

Where I used to live, I was getting my Pro-Amatine through a local clinic from Shire (the company that makes it) at no cost. I did not know that I could get it directly from the company without going through a doctor...I will definitely look into that again...although I may not qualify anymore because I was not working at that time, and now I'm self employed.

If it doesn't work out I might check out the Canadian route :unsure:

Thanks for the info Blackwolf! I am seeing a cardiologist on Thursday, so I can have him write a new script to send to them. I will call tomorrow and see what I need to do! Thanks so much!

I called Shire today and they said that Pro-Amaitne is no longer on their program list as of June 1 becuase there is now a generic out. Looks like I missed the boat. B)

As far as Canadian pharmacies go I have bought Amatine from canadadrugs.com in the past with excellent results. Good price, service and fast turn around. I have bought my inhalers from abconlinepharmacy, another canadian pharmacy, with excellent results as well!

Uh oh! That stinks...I called them today but they told me to take care of it when I go to the doctor this Thursday. So we never got around to the name of the medication. I wonder if we can get the generic through the company that makes it? Does anyone know what it is?