Slight Recovery

At the prodding of Jessica, I'm going to post this.

I've gotten much better in the last couple weeks. Working out for months on end has maybe finally begun to pay off.

I can run for sprints - I can move around - I generally just feel much better.

The symptoms don't go away, but they become much more manageable. DON'T GIVE UP! I've had a rough time, but you know what? In an hour I'm going to play a hockey game - something I haven't done in YEARS. I'm gonna run around like a maniac - I'm gonna check people - and I'm gonna score a goal for you guys. Next week I'm heading to prom, and I'm going out on weekends and doing things I didn't think possible a few months ago.

Try to take care of yourself. Force yourself to keep moving, to keep pushing yourself. It's HARD, and TRUST ME, there will be major slip-ups along the way ;), but it is more than worth it to try. Things can get better!

Best of luck to you all - I love you guys!

-Seth-

;)

G :) :) D FOR Y :)U. I hope it only gets better for you. :) and remember, we get by with a little help from our friends!

Shimoda~

There is nothing like prom, so have a great time! Run around and score an goal for the rest of us, live life uproariously and have a wonderful time doing it. Thanks for the update - it gives hope to many.

Cheers,

Jana

We won in overtime, 3-2. I set up the first goal with an outlet pass and checked someone to set up the play on the winning goal. Sorry I didn't put one in the net though - I tried lol.

Thanks so much for your support guys, love ya all.

And the crowd roared....just like we are. Congratulations and keep up the good health!

• 2 weeks later...

The problem I had when I first learned of the "recovery" you experienced because of exercise is that, many people on here were in good physical shape when POTS hit. In other words, they were already exercising and such, and POTS grounded them.

Now, to take this a step further, once POTS hits, the normal response is to freak out, stop doing things, and deteriorate further. That cannot be good either. So, I suggest, pushing and doing as much as you can, despite the setback. There is a middle ground.

Futurehope - my POTS arrived after three months of heavy exercise training for a marathon (which i never ran). I was the fitest id ever been when I got POTS out of the blue.

On the other hand perhaps exercise can improve stamina somewhat but it doesnt improve the condition or solve the problem.

Futurehope - my POTS arrived after three months of heavy exercise training for a marathon (which i never ran). I was the fitest id ever been when I got POTS out of the blue.

On the other hand perhaps exercise can improve stamina somewhat but it doesnt improve the condition or solve the problem.

I was right in the middle of one of my daily rapid "walks", which I had been doing for years, when my heartrate went through the roof, and I thought I'd need an ambulance. The rest is history. One poster in the past was in the armed services and very fit when her POTS hit. Enough said. I (especially) don't like it when somebody attributes our woes to deconditioning:I know for a fact POTS, in my case, has nothing to do with that.