Turmeric Results - What Time Frame?

futurehope

My mom has been taking it,(she doesn't have pots) and she noticed increased energy. I took it one time, and the swelling in my ear went down, but I got diarrhea real bad, so I haven't taken it again yet. I plan to try again soon though, and see if that is what caused the diarrhea.

Suzy

OH DEAR, AM I THE ANOMOLY????? I felt better on day one at 500mg. My cognitive abilities were much improved as was my energy level. No one else?????

Obviously, the ingredient in Turmeric is something your body needs. All I can say is, I'll keep taking it probably till it's gone, but, the only other time I noticed a difference that quickly is when I began taking a 500mg Ester C. I felt so much better, that I knew I needed it. I'm still on the Vitamin C.

Maybe our fatigue and cognitive ability deficits have different origins? We're each so different.

I think it has been making my eyes not so tired, I -think-, but I've only been taking one pill. I have no clue how much I need to get the full effect =) I've been taking the last few days with no stomach issues, the first two days it was a little confusing to what was causing my stomach issues, but I'm good now. I'll try a bigger dose to see if has effect on my energy.

Interestingly enough, YES. The group that I learned about turmeric from was my mastocytosis/MCAD support group. Almost everyone there takes it with great success. I looked back at the original study that peaked my interest (The abstract is printed under the "I found it!" post) and the study was done to see if turmeric would help with chronic fatigue syndrome, most specifically with "oxidative stress." One of the authors of the study claimed that turmeric helped "all fatiguing conditions." BUT, maybe it helps MCAD sufferers more than those with othostatic intolerances caused by other factors???? I googled oxidative stress and orthostatic intolerance and got MANY hits. Seems like it would be helpful for many of us...

My 71 y/o mother tried it with unbelievable success. She tried it before me. (I mentioned the study to her.) She's not formally DXed, but has many autonomic and MCAD symptoms. She called me late one Wed. morning and was positively buzzing. She had already walked several miles, cleaned her church, her home and garage, and couldn't wait to get leaves out of the garden. (They were covered with several inches of snow at the time.) She's since backed down to 500mg (started at 1,000) and has leveled out a bit. She also claims to be so much sharper mentally than she was before the turmeric.

Please keep posting your experiences with turmeric. I'm very curious to see WHO benefits and try to figure out why. And I sincerely hope it's helpful to many and not harmful in any way.

Julie

Oxidative stress is when your "free radicals" (bad guys) outnumber your antioxidants (good guys.) Tumeric is a good guy. Oxidative stress has been implicated in autonomic dysfuctions and chronic fatigue syndrome.

That's how my pea brain understands it :-)

Does Tumeric go bad?

I've been consuming about 2 tablespoons of curry powder a day for the past 2 months. Tumeric is the second ingredient listed.

This could be a major confound - I started using the curry powder in my food at the same time I went ketogenic. And I've had memory improvement since then. I would be thrilled if the memory improvement were due to tumeric instead of being ketogenic.

I don't know about an expiration period...BUT, it's improved all of my cognitive abilities dramatically, including memory. In India, where curry is used plentifully, Alzheimer's is pretty much unheard of and they have a MUCH lower rate of cancer. Cool that it helped.

Julie