I'm Pregnant!

lalalisa

Hello,

I recently found out that I'm pregnant! My husband and I are really excited (it's our first). Some days I get overwhelmed and wonder how I will be able to care for a child but know we'll do it somehow.

I've been really nauseous and increasingly fatigued. The fatigue has gotten so intense that taking a shower wasn't even an option today. I'm 8 weeks along and hoping for a better 2nd trimester. Have any of you had a rough 1st trimester and a really good rest of the pregnancy. I guess deep down I was hoping to feel better pregnant.

Thanks for any input. :unsure:

Lisa

LalalaFabulous!!!!!!! Congratulations. I totally echo Firewatcher. The first trimester stinks, nausea and fatigue galore! If you're like me, it will get much better. I felt great my 2nd and 3rd trimesters, with the exception of the last few days- too big to be comfortable. Once this dreadful period is over, enjoy this glorious time. Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl? Have you started picking out names? So much to look forward to!

Julie

Congratulations, Lisa!!!! I am so very happy for you and your husband. The two of you will be wonderful parents.

I did have some morning sickness from weeks 9-14. After that it went away completely. The only time I got nauseated after week 14 was when I would take a prenatal vitamin without having enough food in my stomach. Most expectant moms find that morning sickness goes away around the third month. I hope this is the case for you.

Take care,

Rachel

i'm too sleepy to write much at the moment but couldn't wait until tomorrow to send my congratulations! i'm SO happy & excited for you!!!. i don't have any words of wisdom to offer as i haven't been a mother myself but there are plenty of others who will help you out in that regard (as they already are). i can imagine that, despite the excitement, it must also be overwhelming to think about taking care of a little one in the midst of dealing with your own health limitations, but know that - with God's help - it will work out fine. i know that we don't know one another too well, but all i do know of you makes me certain that you will be an awesome mom.

i of course hope that your worse days & weeks pregnancy-wise are behind you, or will be very soon, and that you'll soon feel that boost of the extra blood blood volume that comes with all the changes in your body. take care of yourself the best that you can while you're battling the extra fatigue & nausea & hopefully both will subside soon. you - and the little one inside of you - are in my prayers!

congrats congrats congrats!!!

;) melissa

congratulations!!!!!!!!

i am really happy for you and your husband lalalisa!!!! i wish your health would be better under the circumstances, but do make the best of it and enjoy your pregnancy as soon as the nausea gets better. during both my pregnancies, not being diagnosed at that time, i felt worse at first (but very happy!!!) and much better in the last six months.

wishing you a very happy pregnancy,

corina ;)

Congratulations! That's great that you are able to do this despite struggling with sigmificant POTS.

My first trimester was not bad other than nausea. My last was the worst and I was unable to work full-time at the beginning of the 8th month on. I was undiagnosed and not obviously on any treatment.

Good luck and stay hydrated--I agree that is really important during pregnancy anyway and more so if you have POTS.

Katherine

Congratulations!!!!!!

I did not have naseau but boy did I have severe heartburn. I felt my best by about 22 weeks when the blood volume increases. I still had symptoms but did not seem to bother me so much.

I echo everyone else also, keep hydrated, do only as much as you can and don't forget what is strenous for you can be strenous for the baby too so don't risk it. I stupidly shoveled snow during my last pregnancy and I bent over to pick up the snow and I started with skipped beats. Each movement I made I got one. It lasted for a week or so and I had to take meds to control it. Sooo, point is, take care of yourself and let your hubby do the work!!!

Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy,,feel well :blink: