Vitamin D3

gertie

Do any of you have a problem with this supplement? I'm deficient in so many vitamins & minerals but I also seem to have a bad reaction to them. I'm buying physicians grade brands but I can't tell they are any better than the other brands. It seems to me if our body needs these things we would be able to tolerate them. Thanks.

I have the same problem with vitamins. I'm lost, and have no idea why I would have a bad reaction, but I do.

I used to take the B12 under my tongue, and folic acid. I stopped taking them because they made me feel jittery at times. However, it wasn't that bad, but I decided to make sure I actually needed them first. It turns out my B12 is great, and my folic acid is above normal.

I'm am very deficient in vitamin D and need to take it. When ever I try to, I get flu like symptoms. I still try, and the same thing happens.

Maxine :0)

Guess I'm lucky in that most vitamins don't bother me. I am low in Vit D so I take Vit D3 a supplement of 2000 IU 1x day. It's brought up my levels to a more near normal level. I'm very low in magnesium and taking supplements and even having IV mag has not pushed my levels up, so I don't know whether it's just a body thing, some things it takes and works and others not.

Guest tearose

Goodness, an allergy to vitamins? What next?

I too was told to take supplemental D and it doesn't bother me at all. I take 400iu D3 once a day and I also take a regular multi-vitamin.

Can you take a test to see if you are allergic?

tearose

I'm low too and I take a D3 prescribed by my doc from Freeda Vitamins (no gluten, lactose, artificial anything, sugar, starch, gelatin, or yeast!) and I haven't had any problems at all with it...it's a 1000IU tab but they have others too. You might want to try them and see how it works for you. It really wasn't that expensive and came fairly quickly. I can't remember the website but I'm sure if you search for them you'll be able to find them pretty quickly.

Hi,

I also just thought of what if you tried D2 instead of D3? D3 is derived from an animal byproduct (sheep or something?), maybe D2 would be a better fit for you. I don't think it matters which you consume for the most part as long as it is Vitamin D.

Thanks for the suggestion. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember that D3 is from the lanolin in sheep wool. I do have a problem with lanolin. I may be wrong about all this but I think they spray the wool with chemicals of some sort. Thanks again!