Need Your Prayers And Support

Ernie

My dear friends,

I have finally found a researcher who is willing to test my familly to find which genetic mutation we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the matriarch or as NIH called me the Honeybee Queen. I will have the recruit from 30-50 of my family members to participate in that study.

Part of my job is to convince my extended family that they have the disorder and to accept to stand for 2 hours of until they faint or almost faint. I am a therapist - not a salesperson. I am freaking out at the idea of convincing that many people to join the study.

I also have to resolve family disputes and miscelleneous other problems. It is a huge responsibility on my shoulders and I am willing to take it for our common welfare.

I have such mood swings when I am under pressure that I am afraid to sabotage the study by being agressive with the main researcher or some of his team members. When I have adrenaline surges I just can't control myself. I have to be at the testing lab for all my family members. Tomorrow my sister and my niece will be tested. I am very very very very protective of my family. I have gone through so much with doctors that I don't accept any crap for my family.

So my plea to you is to pray or send postive thought for me and my family so that all this research goes well and that the researchers find which mutation we have that causes the syncopes so that we can help science and you guys.

It will take from 1 to 2 years before we get results.

Thanks for your support.

Love you all.

Hang in there Ernie, I'm sure that many of your family will participate. Maybe you could ask them to do it in your brother's honor? (and their own, of course). I know that you've worked hard for this.

Nina

Dear Ernie,

Thank you for sharing about this opportunity you and your family have. That is wonderful that there is a researcher who is willing to do tests to find the genetic mutation you all have!!! I will be praying for you during all of this. I'm sure it will be a tough road. I pray that your family members will be willing to join in the research, and that you will be able to find the answers you need.

Hang in there and please keep us updated with the research progress!

All the best,

Rachel

Guest tearose

Well Honeybee Queen, you sure have worked hard to get to this point! I know you can find a diplomatic way of finding the words that will encourage your family to participate. Use that Bee image to help you! Use the honey not the stinger to get them to realize that they will be helping future generations of your family and many other non-family members probably too.

Of course I pray for you and your family, the researchers too. I think there will be so much to be done that the two years will pass very quickly.

best regards,

tearose

That's great news - well done for persisting.

Perhaps you could write a letter to send to each member of your family. I know it sounds formal, but it would help people less familiar with the dyautonomia issues to understand the study's importance and to take in the information in their own time. You could always follow it up with a call when people are calmer and less emotional.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you Nina, Pat, Rachel, Tearose, Susan, Cathy, and hopefulcase. I appreciate very much your suggestions and support.

Today I spent 8 hours at the hospital for my sister's and my niece's tests. I am exhausted. They both passed out during the postural test. They gave their DNA. So far, we have 4 family members who have given their DNA.

The doctor and the nurse did not want me in the testing lab and I told them that I was staying with my family while they were being tested. They agreed to let me stay.

Ernie,

Wow! Sounds like A LOT of hard work and time! Congratulations on having them decide to research your family and hopefully help find an answer and in turn a better more individualized form of treatment. Sounds quite interesting, seeing it from the inside!

I hope that it continues to work out well! Don't overwork yourself too much!!!

Sending you and your family best wishes and positive thoughts!

Keep us updated!

dear ernie

you are an example to so many people. don't be too hard on yourself. although i know about your struggles (moods), i also know that you are a very sweet and caring person. it is very courageous of you to be there for your family, as you have your own problems as well. you have worked so very hard to find doctors that will work with you and your family. doing that you had a lot of ignorant doctors on your path and i can imagine you want to keep your family from that. i admire you ernie (i think i told you before :) ) you are a big help in learning about dysautonomia. thank you for that.

love,

corina :blink:

Ernie,

Thanks for sharing about this exciting and yet difficult process you are going through. I will pray that your family will be willing to help. I am so impressed by your perseverance and determination and I'm sure it will pay off. You are an inspiration to so many!!

Take care "Honeybee Queen" =)

Lisa

Have you looked into mitochondrial disorders? I ask because we suspect that my daughter has a mitochondrial disorder which she got from me. My symptoms are dysautonomia, but hers are more neurological. The thing about mito disorders is that they manifest themselves differently, even in the same family. The test is a live muscle biopsy and the results come in a few months instead of years. Just wasn't sure if it is something that you had considered yet.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your support.

Next Wednesday I have two more nieces that are being tested. It will also be a long day. One of them is a nurse!

I just got up from sleeping 14 hours. I finally recuperated from my week. I had appointments at the hospital every day and had to wake up every day early so I was pooped out.

My nieces have 6 hours round trip to drive to come an do the tests so they will stay at my place as well. They are staying for 3 days because the testing is very exhauting.

Hi April

I have not been checked for mitochondrial disorders. No doctors have done a muscle biopsy even if my endocrinologist have asked a neurologist about it.

Hi Pat

I will do my best to pace myself because I don't want to crash. I have worked so hard to get where I am. Thanks for your concern.

Hi Pat,

My nieces are arriving any minutes now. They left Ottawa at noon ant it is a 3 hours drive here. I am so excited. I am preparing a good supper for them.

The test starts at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow and might take 8 hours. I am so nervous. One of them is a nurse and as been fainting since the age of 9 years old.

I have so much responsibility on my shoulder to take care of al my relative but at the same time it is very challenging and satisfying. I love my family and I would give them the moon! or the sun!!!!