Prayers Needed

Maxine

Hi,

Feel free to move this to chit chat section, but I wanted to put it here first as prayers are needed for my family.

You have heard about my brother who has stage 4 cancer, starting with his colon---then spreading to his liver, and just outside of his liver. Well now his wife is in ICU with 3 severe blood clots in her lower leg artery. The docs are very concerned, and even if the blood thinners work some, she still may need surgery. The blood vessel supply was cut for so long, so we don't know what they are going to do. She is on heparin, and another very invasive blood thinner, and can't remember the name. I'll ask the nurse tomorrow when I go up there again to visit.

My niece is the one who lost her baby full term last year in May, and she is also the daughter of this brother and his wife--(I have three brothers). They have been through enough, and it time for things to get better. Please send any thoughts and prayers their way, as they really need it.

My sister in law is scared, and she told me to tell my pot friends to pray for her. We got a kick out of her saying "pot" friends. Were trying to keep her smiling, so were joking, singing---doing anything to keep her spirits up.

My brother was supposed to have chemo today, but had it yesterday so he could be with her today during the catheterization process to see how bad these clots were, and to check the rest of her vessels. The good news is that her arteries near her heart are clear--- :)

Thanks for reading--- ;)

Maxine :0)

Maxine, you and your family are in my prayers right now. I know that the Lord never gives us more that we can bear but sometimes it sure seems like he takes to the absolute edge of what we can bear. I have come to think of it this way, he will not give me more to bear than I can handle with his help. I definitely cannot bear it by myself or without the support of others.

mary

You and your family are in my prayers. Sometimes it seems like "when it rains it pours " with our problems. I know our God is able to do abundantly above and beyond anything we can imagine.

Love

Jenny

Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers.

Debbie will need surgery tomorrow. she is on Heparin, and a more invasive blood thinner-----Retavase.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/reteplase_wcp.htm

She has arterial blood clots in her leg, and it's very serious. Tonight they were giving her blood to get her system ready for the surgery tomorrow. She has several IV bags hooked up to her. Even though she's on strong blood thinnners, it's not working well enough.

It's a shame the ER didn't do an ultra sound 3 months ago when she first complained of numbness and pain in her foot.

Then when an ultra sound was finally done, she still had to wait another month until she saw a vascular surgeon. Then after that another week until the catheterization. Oh-----then she's told she should have gone for help for this two months ago-------------- :blink:

My faith in the medical community continues to fail--- :P

Please continue your thoughts and prayers for her and her family. Her poor son is at his wits end between his dad's cancer, and his mother's serious situation.

Debbie made it through the surgery OK, and she was able to talk a little. She was scared and cried just before surgery, but after she was relieved, and said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

The vascular surgeon got as much as he could out, but there is peripheral artery damage, and he's hoping that she is able to get all her pulses back. He said she waited too long. SHE DIDN'T WAIT TOO LONG------she tried to get help several times. I think he knows that, as he has been pretty good with her. She will still need blood thinners, heparin and coumadin. He said the clot formed somewhere else in her body and headed south, and lodged in her lower right leg-----THREE MONTHS AGO--- :) .

Time will tell if they were able to save her lower leg. So far she is getting some pulses back, but not all of them.

Thanks so much for alll your thoughts and prayers.

I'm feeling pretty beat up, and going to head for bed now. I was at the hospital from 2:30 to 7:30. Her surgery last over 3 hours.