Someone Is Jealous Of My Handicap Sticker

Ernie

Hi,

I went to a speciality store that sells stuff for disable people. I bought a seat cane. When I told the owner that I was disabled (of course I look healthy) and that my car was parked in the disabled parking spot right beside the door he told me I was lucky and that I should give him my sticker. I was shocked because he sells to disabled to he should know better.

I told him that I would gladly give him my sticker and my disorder!!!!!!

Good grief! That's the kind of sensitive person you want dealing with you for stuff like that! We get a lot of stares when we park in the handicap zone, which we don't that often, because Dave doesn't mind pushing my chair, but once he pulls the chair out, they stop.

I tend to look at some people and wonder why they don't have one! I'm sorry that guy was so insensitive. morgan

What a ding dong--------- :) !

Sorry you had to deal with such ignorance.

Sometimes people give me a dirty look because I look normal, and can still walk. That sticker makes all the difference between me getting out by myself, and not. My husband got me a new car starter which will help with the temperature extremes. It will give me a cool car to get into in the summer, and a warm one in the winter.

I want to be able to get around by myself, and these things help. Many people who can still walk can't walk very far, and still have other physical challanges.

Maxine :0)

I get a lot of funny looks when parking in disabled spaces too. I've even had someone tell me that it is illegal to use my grandmothers parking badge - he got a suprise when I turned it over and showed him that the photo on it was me. If I'm using my wheelchair (rarely) then I don't get any questions, sometimes I'll get my seat-cane out and walk with it just to make a point (that messes up my lax wrists though so I would usually just carry it).

I read somewhere that in France the signs for disabled parking spaces say something like "when you take my parking space please take my disability too" - we need something like that in our countries too.

Flop

Prize for an excellent answer, Ernie!

You can more or less understand the ignorance of these people...(although some of them cannot be accepted)... But what about nurses? On my last app. at the Endo when I was waiting for him, the nurse looked at me and said... "But you look very fine to me."

She was staring at me as if I was going to waste the doctor?s time... :unsure:

"That?s because you cannot see me inside out", I answered, trying to get over my brain fog...

But I really felt hopeless... <_<

I have no disabled sticker. It has been a very long time since I?ve used the car driving myself... But I can imagine your situation, Ernie... I would have made a written complaint against such a comment.

Flop, you could not have made a better answer!

Love,

Tessa