Sigh Of Relief

I really didn't think it would change, but you just never know. So am happy to report I got my letter today, in a fat envelope like Jake's, in which he was denied :) but it just had a please try and work pamphlet in it. If I could work, trust me, I wouldn't be scraping by on SSDI!

Anyway, Jake has decided to try and work, and I have been renewed. They said my prognosis was fair and will only be checking on occasion in future. hmm. Good news though and thought I'd share. morgan

great news Morgan!

what kind of review paperwork did you get? Did you have to see a doctor in person? Can't 'member. Just glad you got a continuing note. :huh:

I just filled out the two page 6 question CDR thing (to be read by computer) and sent it in a couple weeks ago.

I'm happy for you Morgan! Wow, that was scary---- :huh:

They should know better.

When you speak about prognosis, I remember when the medical expert at my hearing said mine was poor.

I felt a jolt-----I was shocked. All this time trying to prove how sick I am to SSDI, then have the ME say my prognosis is poor, then I suddenly felt in denial on just how bad it really is.

Keep hanging in there Morgan-------- :o

Maxine :0)

I got mine initially in 2003, have had one 6 question paper and then this, which was the full out, all the paper work and a visit to a psych person again. It was exactly like applying for the first time.

I think they said every three years, then every 5. Mine this time said from time to time. Yeah, it is hard, even if you know how sick you are. I mean we always know how sick we are, but my son got denied due to age, not illness. They freely admitted he was physically disabled, but by THEIR standards, he was too young. Unless I poked both his eyes out with a fork I guess. So it wasn't even a question of whether he qualified, it was how old he was.

Sophia, I ordered the paperwork for this decision, and all I got was my psych eval, and they sent that to my doctor. My doctor sent it to me. It was interesting to read though. It really does hit you in the face like a mackeral Maxine. I know how disabled I am, but to read it is sort of surreal.

It does say what they approved me on though and POTS and OI weren't anywhere in the picture. Even though that's has done me in as far as being able to work. Any way, thanks all for your support! I know a lot of you are still struggling to get it, but just keep persevering. gladitsovermorgan

Morgan

Been there done that with the evaluations by the doc..... and three years ago, I had two paperworks things WITH DETAILED questions, Functional capacity report and I forget the others...both had detailed question asking basically "How has your disability changed your life? You ability to socialize? Your ability to get out? Your ability to bathe" SHEESH, after years of coping, you could NOT IGNORE all the things taken away. VERY DEPRESSING. I called and told them I needed more time to fill them out...can't hold a pen that long and had to do it a little bit at a time on the computer...the things we have to explain. . .

Anyway, they never tell you WHY you were disabled..but I know on the short CDR paperwork...on the front page, under neath your name is your soc sec number with a 4 number set of numbers under that. THAT is your 'official dx' but we aren't supposed to know that. I found out mine was some weird disorder that fell under "BIPOLAR" and depression. Back in 1990, that's what folks with CFS fell under as it did not have a category for it. I then found out my dx has a typo but I still found out what it mean from the disinissues group.

Glad you got through it. The first old doc to interview me years ago, came out hobbling on a cane, and two hearing aids hanging out of his ears, half deaf...and had a strong accent....sigh. and asked me in some Russian accent "So tell me, vat is dis Chronic Fatigue? we ALL get tired" YIKES!

Glad you have this behind you....it's STRESSFUL!! :huh:

Morgan, I am so happy for you,Hugs Pat

i always feel sad and glad hearing this news. glad that you keep getting the (needed) money in, but so very sad that we can't be out, working in the world where we want to be and should have been.

my head says to congratulate you and of course i do that as you really really deserve it!!! my heart feels sorry as i know you were i very dedicated nurse.

corina :P

Thank you Corina, I have been looking in the paper at jobs for my son, and I see all these nursing positions and think, oh I could do that, or ,that sounds so interesting! But realize it will never happen again. It still weighs very heavily on me, and I appreciate that you thought of that.

I always wanted to be a hospice nurse, but they only had one small one here and never openings because people never left. Now they have two large ones and openings all the time. I realize I have lost so much of what I knew and of course the new stuff was never there to begin with. Phantom pains, like losing a leg, but still feeling the itch on my foot..... :P

And so many people think I just don't want to work any more.....morgan

Same here, Morgan. But I do pilot studies for Western Schools. When a new CEU is written they send me a draft and I do the course then send in a critique.

When the course is "officially" released they send it to me and I take it. This way I keep up my CEU's free of charge and keep up with new things.

I'm like you - I see great jobs and I'm just dying to apply - but of course, I can't even stand up long enough to fill out the app!

I guess it gives me hope. My licenses are all on retirement status but I can re-activate them at any time as long as my CEU's are up-to-date. Now if I can just "get well"!! :P

My SSDI approval was based on EDS------ he said this is what is disabling me. My POTS is probably a result of the EDS. I would have never known this, had I not pushed, and pushed, and pushed for the proper medical care, and for doctors to take me seriously.

I'd much rather be back to where I was 8 years ago, working full time, taking care of my home and family, and of course going out every once and a while a slugging down a couple margaritas. Now I can't even handle a sip of wine (instant vasodiolation)----------------could never imagine what a whole margarita would do---- :P

None of us WANT to be on disability------we would much rater have our lives back. I would still like to know how I went from being mildly ill to crashing in a matter of a couple months.

Maxine :0)