I'm A New Grandma!

Maxine

I'm a new Grandma! We were just at my Son's and his fiance's for dinner yesterday, and we left around 10:00pm with no signs at all she was going into labor. My husband and I decided to stay up late to finish watching a movie.

We didn't go to bed until 2:00am. At 3:55am the phone rang, and it was my son saying Carlie had 19 contractions in one hour, so they went to the hospital. My husband went over there to pick up Kaela----she's three.

I don't need to tell you we did not get any sleep. At 7:30am she delivered a healthy baby girl weighing 8lbs. 9oz., and 20 inches long.

My goodness, Carlie is so tiny----about 5ft, 2in---110 lbs normally, but weighed more of course 9 months pegnant. Last night I was looking at her wondering what would happen to her if she had a baby over 8 lbs. Well, she did OK---- What a trooper! Only 15 minutes of pushing.

The baby is beautiful. Her hair is golden, and she has big cheeks---too cute. They haven't decided on a name. They were going to go with Emma, then Amalei----, but now they are pretty sure it's going to Mackenzie. They will know for sure tomorrow when they fill out the paper work for the birth certificate---

I'm so wiped out. Little Kaela is leaning on my shoulder as I type this. Were going to bed early, so my husband, Kaela, and I can be back at the hospital tomorrow. Thank God my husband has MLK day off tomorrow, as there is no way I could do this on my own tomorrow.

The gravity was so bad today, that I had to shuffle along, or I felt like I was going to pass out. It felt like the gravity was so intense. The lack of sleep always makes things much worse for me.

We are all so happy, she's such a beautiful baby. I will send pictures, as soo as I get them downloaded from my Dad's camera.

Take care----

Buddy :0)

Guest tearose

Hooray she is here!

Now don't go and over do it granny, take a little time to sit down so you don't pass out, okay?

Congrats to all and a special extra attention hug to the new big sister!

best regards,

tearose

Thanks everyone! The pictures are in my Dad's camera that we borrowed. I have to wait until I can get over there and download them onto his computer. My son and his fiance both have a lot of pictures, but they are so busy with their two little girls, no telling when those pictures will get on the computer---lol.

I'm in a bit of a crash, and my husband and I were taking care of Kaela, their other little one. She's three, and full of energy that I don't have, so thankfully my husband helped out A LOT. Today he called in family leave for me because I was really feeling bad, and we had little Kaela still. However, my son picked her up early to take her to Apple tree day care. I went to see Bev in Dr. Grubb's office, and she said I've probably been is a POTS crash, and my virus isn't helping. I can't go on the florinef until my tooth extraction is over. The oral surgeon is working hard to help me get this done. :rolleyes:

As soon as those pictures are in the computer I'll post them----- :rolleyes::blink:

She is already too big for new born clothes. She is so beautiful! She's got a light golden brown hair---sort of blond, and tiny little blue eyes and chubby cheeks, just like my son and I. She also has the longest fingers I have ever seen, toes too!

Carlie is still recovering at home----she's a bit tired. They had a lot of visitors from all their friends, Starbucks buddies---(they both work as managers at starbucks), and of course our family and hers. Her mother can't come until late this week. She works as Dean of Arts and Science at Virginia Tech., and could not get away. Carlie delivered a little early, and her mom tried to plan to come here when she was due, but little Mackenzie Jane came 3 days early.

I can't wait until I feel a bit better, so I can take the joy of it all in mmore. Right now I feel so weak, and POTSY.

We are so excited.

Take Care,

Maxine, AKA Ju Ju to the little ones---- :)