Pots And Cancer

danelle

Hi all,

I haven't been on here in AGES and I want to catch up with my old friends and all the new ones that I will be meeting on here. I have been off due to the fact that I was diagnosed with breast Cancer in FEB 07 and just finished all my treatments a few weeks ago.. I have a bit of difficulty typing due to the surgery and lymph node removal several months ago but I want to try and stay in contact on here as much as possible.

Is there anyone else that has had POTS and cancer?? I would love to talk to you if you are out there!!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Much love,

Danelle (DANI)

Dani, I didn't know! I hope you are doing well, in full remission, and it's good to see you again! People just come and go sometimes. I have disappeared for quite awhile, but always come back.

I know there are people on here who have had the same thing and am sure you will hear from them. Nice to hear from you again sweetie! morgan, one of the oldest timers

Gosh, I am so glad to be back and to see some of my old friends still here :) And to hear from new friends too! :). I just finished treatment a few weeks ago so I am still in the recoop phase. I am having some problems now with lots of edema and shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle and joint pain, nausea, and the list goes on BUT I am just so very blessed to be alive. My cancer is a very aggressive one, but I hope that we caught it in time, only time will really tell. For now things look ok..

I look forward to talking with you all again and hope I don't have to leave the site for more than a few days at a time.

THank you all for making me feel back at home so quickly, I have missed you!!!

Love,

Dani

Guest tearose

Dani-I am so glad to hear that you are through the treatments now. I will hold you in my thoughts for a complete and strong recovery.

Have you done any BRACA testing?

I trust you are in the best of care and will be able to manage the edema and not be burdened by it. Is it edema or lymphedema?

If it would be of any help...I manage lymphedema and have done so for many years with only one bad infection. PM me if you want lymphedema information.

Observing the low sodium requirements of this kind of swelling IS a MAJOR challenge while managing POTS.

May you find this past trial has only been a passing blip on the screen and that you have many many many years of joy, good health and blessings.

lovingly,

tearose

I'm thinking of you, Dani. Thanks for stopping by to give an update. That must be tough to deal with cancer and dysautonomia at the same time. Congratulations on making it through your treatments. I pray that the cancer stays in remission and that you have healthier days ahead.

Best wishes,

Rachel

I must be overly sensitive...but please don't refer to breast cancer as being in remission. As a breast cancer survivor, I prefer to say that I am a breast cancer survivor. The breast surgeon and the oncologist do not refer to breast cancer as being in remission. As far as the treatment goes, it is aimed at destroying cancer cells--not putting the cancer in remission.

Optimism is a big part of living with breast cancer! I realize breast cancer cells may appear in other areas of the body.

I am a 2.5 year survivor!