Ep Study

cardiactec

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm going in for my EP study on the 31st (yep, monday, new years eve). I'm hoping this will be the START of a better year for me, with some answers, and resolution.

I'll certainly let you all know what happens with the EP.

blessings to you all for a wonderful new year!

-cardiactec.

Good luck Angela, I hope they find some answers for you!

EP study is a study of the electrical system of the heart. They thread a tiny catheter through the groin and into the heart and try to induce the rythyms that make you feel bad. If it can be fixed, if they find abnormal areas or extra nodes that are causing the arrythmias, they burn them. This causes scarring and hopefully stops the arrythmia.

Some types can be cured and some at least get better. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, they give you a whopping dose of sedatives and there's really no pain at all to speak of. I had one in 2003. You go home the next day. They can last from a couple of hours to several, depending on whether they find anything or not....hope that helps. beentheredonethatmorgan

thanks to you all for your support! i am SO NERVOUS right now! and it's not helping being off all beta blocker (but i had to for better chance in the lab of ''triggering'' the rhythm to try and ablate it)

I will let you all know how it goes! LOVE YOU ALL!