How Well Do You Tolerate Oral Ct Contrast

Maxine

Hi, I was just wondering how well you tolerate ORAL CT contrast---the type you drink before a CT scan of the abdomin.

I had mine done today, and feel very bloated, have lots of gas, and some loose bowels.

I was already constipated before the test, so I'm sure this helps matters.

I look about 6 months pregnant----------- :) .

I haven't been feeling good to begin with. LOW BPs, problems with balance, intense fatigue ect.

Maxine :0)

I drank stuff in a little tiny bottle. I added so much to a glass of either gatorade or iced tea before the test.

The worse part for me was drinking 5 BIG glasses. I even called when at one point I thought if I vomited before the test, could I still have the abdominal scan? And person said yes, I COULD still have the test if I vomited...so I drank..and left half a glass in my car when I pulled up into the hospital. I just felt so full. I drank like 5 glasses in 3 or 4 hours.

Other than that, I had no side effect at all.

I loved the RUSH of the contrast they gave me in IV but it wouldn't be polite to say why. Also they had a photo of palm trees on the ceiling and it was a totally great experience for me.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi,

I had both the oral stuff you drink and the Contrast through IV. Lets just say that I didn't make it in time to the toilet at my boyfriends family cookout...VERY EMBARESSING!!

Jacquie