Menstruation & Pots

JenniferInOhio

I used to feel really bad during my period and around it, but now that i have started midodrine, it is the 2 weeks before my period that i feel the worst...during my period it is worse than it used to be, but it my symptoms get extra bad and intense the 2 weeks before. So i guess that would be hormones, plus my periods are very light usually so im not losing too much blood, which is good since we all need more!

Jennifer,

My dysautonomia used to flare up for the week before and week of my period. Not fun! It basically put me on the couch all day. I just ended up totally exhausted and weak. For me it is the hormone changes. I do much better with steady hormones. I'm now on continuous birth control and have a period about 4 times a year. I still crash hard for the week of my period, but at least it is no longer 2 weeks out of every month. Plus, this way I can plan when I'm going to crash. It makes it much easier to get the extra help that I need for the week, or put off my period for another week if I need to.

Rachel