Seeing Spots

dezyrae2

This may sound weird and I dont know if it has anything to do with POTS but I have been seeing spots in my vision the last few days. They arent the usual floaters or migraine aura spots but these last like all day. It is like when you look at a bright car reflection on a car or a flash from a camera but they dont want to go away even if i keep my eyes closed a while or sleep. Has anyone else ever had this and could it have anything to do with POTS? Thanks in advance. :)

" Eye pain is another common problem, as is a feeling of pressure behind the eyes. Patients can become so weak that their eye muscles are easily strained and focusing is difficult. Many POTS and CFS patients see tiny little black dots floating in front of their eyes. This is a problem of the fluid in the eyes which occurs naturally with age, but which can be made dramatically worse by the onset of CFS or POTS. "

http://home.att.net/~potsweb/POTS.html

note, the site is not a medical site

I often have black spots.

I think mine are a part of the "greying out" phenomenon when I get up to quickly or have been standing too long.

I haven't really asked my doc about this.

There are always so many things to talk about that the little things get left out!

I don't know if this is the sort of thing you are talking about!??

i know exactly what u r talking about. white lights? flying by? or somaetimes i describe them as, u know when u were in school and they made u stare at something for a couple of min and u could see it even when u weren't looking at it anymore. i don't now if this is the same thing as u but i suspect it's close. i happens to me all the time. sometimes for days on end. if not those ones , then i see colored spots, i can see through them, but they are colored. or i look at things or people and they have what i call a halo around them. if any of this makes sense to u then u r talking about pots related symptom. that's what my doc said.

hope this helps.

i know exactly what u r talking about. white lights? flying by? or somaetimes i describe them as, u know when u were in school and they made u stare at something for a couple of min and u could see it even when u weren't looking at it anymore. i don't now if this is the same thing as u but i suspect it's close. i happens to me all the time. sometimes for days on end. if not those ones , then i see colored spots, i can see through them, but they are colored. or i look at things or people and they have what i call a halo around them. if any of this makes sense to u then u r talking about pots related symptom. that's what my doc said.

hope this helps.

That is exactly what i am talking about. But what do you do about it or does it just go away on its own? Thanks

i wish i could give u amagical answer, but i can't. over the yrs i have just simply adjusted to them being there. i am going to venture and say u have active sympathectic nervous system? when things start to "move" i say sit down, or lie down. it does seem to help a little or better yet 4 the moment. bending over is the worst thing 4 it too. so try to avoid it. singing is also very bad which i love to do and i'm not bad either so i fo it anyway. but u will basically just get used to it. r u hypo orthastatic? my bp runs very low most of time. i believe this plays a factor. i'm on midodrine and clonidine to try to raise it. low hr? i do mostly aaround 50. probably part of it.

i hope this helps some. i wish it was more that i could do. u r nnot alone.