Zoloft

Hi,

I have just been prescribed Zoloft 75mg. by my cardio. Just curious what doses others have started at on the Zoloft?? I am going to start on 50mg then work my way to 75mg just to see what side effects occur, if any. I am starting to become real anxious about being sick and I can't stop worrying, hopefully this helps with that "stuff" too. I'd like to hear what others have to say about this medication! Thanks

Jacquie

I had to start at .25 only because it made me queasy and had a mild laxative affect that I no not like.

I always take it with food at bedtime. I only take it as needed in short spurts of time as it can help when my insomnia gets out of hand and I have QUICK response to it. I have never taken more than 50 mg for a few days in a row.

YEARS ago, a sleep doc gave it to me and I could tolerate it at the 50mg dose and noticed changes in my mood overnight that shocked me. But my then sleep doc said that WAS POSSIBLE.

So if you can handle 50mg just try it...it may make you tired several hours after taking it, or even cause yawning jags!! I had that and was so curious and when my sleep doc called to see how I was doing ..and specifically ASKED about the yawning jags.

It can also lesson appetite in most people.

I had the best reaction out of this med of any SSRI or old fashioned antidepressant.

Good luck.

I was also able to tolerate this med and am probally going to be restarting it after my Buspar trial is over since that hasn't been effective for my anxiety. I was only on 25mg but need to up it becuase it was only slightly effective at that dose.

Good luck, I've tried many and this was definitely the best as far as side effects go.

Dayna

Thank you guys for replying. I feel like lately I have stopped living my life in fear of everything.. The mornings are still bad with the dizziness, etc. but I notice now at night laying down my heart races...Hopefully this helps with the POTS symptoms as well as the anxiety. I'm not sure if it's the anxiety that makes my heart race at night or if it's the POTS stuff. Anyhow, I'm hoping this medication works for me.

thanks,

Jacquie

Also, just curious, this may sound like a silly question, but how long does it take to notice the effects of the med for POTS and anxiety?! Thanks again :rolleyes:

Also, Sophia3 what is a yawning jag?

I really wish you the best and I also want you to know that your not alone, since this illness i have alot of fear and anxiety about taking my kids places because I'm going to be dizzy and nauseated and of course driving but I think that one is legit since sometime i shouldn't drive and don't.

Remember anxiety is on the sx list for POTS.

I think the med takes about 6wks if I remember correctly. Hang in there with it which is a hard thing to do when you don't see results right away but SSRI's have helped many many people with POTS and anxiety/depression issues.

Good luck and try to think positive

Dayna