Decreased Urine Output While On Midodrine

Hi,

Just curious to see if anyone else has noticed a decreased amt of urination through out the day. I drink plenty of fluids but somedays I only urinate twice a day...I am wondering if maybe the midodrine might have something to do with it??

Jacquie

Jacquie, it would help if you kept a record of your fluid intake and urine output for a few days to have the exact numbers for daily ins and outs. Regarding the midodrine, I suppose it could be possible because it's a vasoconstrictor and possibly could vasoconstrict arteries to the kidneys, thus decreasing glomerular filtration rate, and thus decreasing urine output. This is just a hypothetical speculation, however; more likely explanation could be dehydration. Those with autonomic dysfunction should aim to produce between 1,5 - 2 L per 24 hrs.

I take a very low dose of midodrine as needed. I'bve only taken it a handful or times, but I have found the exact opposite. I feel I have to go to the bathroom more. It also makes my nose run and, not to be too graphic, makes me have gas. But, then again, I have a pretty weak bladder to start off with. I agree with doctorguest. From what I understand, when your body isn't producing enough urine it's because you're dehydrated or your kidneys aren't working properly. You may want to check in with your doctor on this one.