If I Dont Exercise My Heart Rates Go Back To Pots

wow i'm amazed that u can exercise in the morning! Is it possible that when you work out it seems there's a reason for a high HR, so if you'd have a super-high HR in the morning, you can't tell if it's from exercise or not? And maybe later in the day it is just relative?

Sorry, I definitely can't really help here. Feel better soon!

Guest tearose

Maybe you can just chart what happens over say, a month or six weeks and then see what pattern appears. Sometimes it is our hormone fluctuations that also throws things off.

For many of us, three or four times a week of exercise is a lot.

Maybe every other day will work better for you?

It is just good to know that you CAN exercise and feel good!

best regards, tearose

Are you new to exercise? For me, as I became more physically fit it became more stable. Building muscle, especially in the legs, helps to keep my bp from dropping. Now I can go about 3-4 days with no exercise before having serious problems. Although it doesn't cure everything, exercise has made a huge difference in the quality of my life. Without it I'm basically house-bound and in bed.

I have just gotten back to exercising over the past couple of weeks, after not having exercised for about 3 months. I must say that I can definitely tell that it is helping. My HR goes up and I feel slightly uneasy for about 1/2 hr after, but then that calms down and then I start to feel really good. I think exercise brings up your BP, and then it stays up for the rest of the day. If exercise seems to work for you, I would definitely stick with it. It is non-medical, no side-effects, etc. Just be careful not to push yourself too hard. Over time, things will probably get even better for you and you won't have to exercise every day.

It could be the effects of deconditioning, which in "normal" people is often observed as an elevated heart rate. Also, theres research about the effects of complete bed rest - also space travel - and deconditioning of the heart and blood circulation, studies show prolonged bed rest and space travel can stop the ability to maintain an upright posture without dizziness or fainting.

With POTS or those with dysautonomia, theres little or no research about the effects of stopping exercise. My experience - I exercised for years at an advanced level but had to stop in 2002 due to surgery, and it got so bad I could not stand or walk due to severe heart and bp problems, took 5 months to recover.

In your situation, although it sounds like you've only been exercising a short time, it's possible deconditioning could be what you're experiencing.