Gnawing Anxious Feeling

mkoven

I've been getting this gnawing anxious feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach and chest like something bad is going to happen. I don't know how much of it is stress, but I don't really think there's anything unusual going on to make me stressed. Could this be autonomic stuff? I've been feeling more faint and heart racey of late. It's very unpleasant. I feel quite wound up.

That's how I have felt for the past week. My pots is undercontrol right now (not too tachy) but I have a pit in my stomach. I am dealing with a yeast infection/vaginal burning and am in pain. I don't if it is that or the meds but I feel like I am sinking. So hard....I totally sympathize. Keep telling yoursefl this too will end....

Lina

Hello,

I get this symptom as well....it comes and goes and I have explained it just as you said "a pit in my stomach." (it's like something is wrong but I don't know of anything in particular that is) Weird!

Just wanted to say you're not alone.

Lisa

Oh yes, I deal with anxiety all the time. Even as a child I remember always having butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Always getting that fearful feeling, even knowing that was nothing to fear. It's all part of the imbalance of the autonomic nervous system. I've tried all the methods of deep breathing and meditation which really never helped me. I learned to accept it and deal with it as best I can

Hi there, yes I get this feeling I put it down to stress as I work in Social Services, Child Protection Unit but it usually happened at times when nothing much was going on in my life. It's good to know I'm not alone and it could be a symptom of POTS.

LizB