2007 Not Starting Out So Hot :(

Sue

Seems to be an awful lot of unexplained, undiagnosable sickness going around right now. Two of my girlfriends fathers are in the hospital as well as my own mother.

My mom started off two weeks before Christmas in the hospital with Congested Heart Failure, had her home for almost 10 hours before she started having excruciating pain in her stomach, loss of bowels, alot of phlem. They are giving her morphine, almost on demand the pain is so unbearable. The doctors are miffed, they cannot find anything wrong with her stomach!!! She cannot eat, they have her on total liquids for almost two weeks now. She cannot even swallow the liquid it comes right back up. This morning they will be running a whole new series of test..

Looking for answers!!!!

Will keep all in our prayers

((Hugs))

Sue

Oh Sue---I'm sorry to hear this. Your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Have they check out her aorta? I'm sure they checked that already---if they did an ECHO.

Goodness, we sure have a lot of people getting sick--------I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on.

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

thanks everyone for being here when I need you!!

They haven't been able to quite pin point anything yet... They do know she has congested heart failure, as well as the cellulitis, but don't feel this is whats going on with her right now.

The stomach pain is unbearable, still giving her morphine. They took a cat scan last night, but she wasn't able to keep the barium down, so they are not quite sure how the test is going to turn out. I did find out from a friend they could do this with a dye contrast, not as good as the barium but can be done, I will talk to her doctor about maybe trying that when he calls.

My prayers are with everyone else, as this year starts out so crappy for so many :) New years is suppose to be new beginnings, (good ones) or so we hope :)

((Hugs))

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Mom is home and doing well!!

They, assuming after all of the testing coming back quite normal, that she was allergic to the antibiotics they had given her to go home with. As well as probley having some intestinal flu bug that is definately going around. Her congested heart failure had started acting up again, but is now under control with a new heart medication.

She has never been so miserable in her life, but is relieved to be home and feeling much better!!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, it means so much...

((Hugs)) and take care

Sue