Left With No Answers...

Jacquie802

So I went to my PCP today and showed him the lump on my neck....He said it wasnt my thyroid or my lymph nodes...that's all he said! He did say if it got larger or I was worried about it to come back, but what the heck...I do have an ENT i see so i was thinking about making an apptmt with him..However, when I told my ent about the lump on the roof of my mouth years ago he said it was nothing....who knows....

Just thought id give you guys an update...if that's what ud wanna call it!

Jacquie

I had the same thing happen, I have a lump on my neck that gets big sometimes and then goes down for no reason. They said that it is nothing to worry about, I've had it checked by 3 doc's. But follow your gut, and if it bothers you then keep insisting to get answers. Keep your head up

I have had a lump under my chin that comes and goes since I was a teenager. A dermatologist years ago told me it is a fatty lump and can get bigger and smaller, and it has and does. You can't see it, but if I look up and stretch my neck out I can feel it with my fingers.

Possibly it could be just fatty tissue.

BTW, I had a lump on the side of my neck a few years back, I went to see a Head and Neck surgeon. That might be an option for you. That is what they do.

My Mom had a lump and it was misdiagnosed by different doctors, according to their specialty: supraclavicular lymph node from a lung tumor, cyst, infection, a fatty tumor (by a surgeon who scheduled it to be removed), and lymphoma (by biopsy at surgery). We ran a simple blood test on her and it was swollen lymph glands from leukemia. 5 doctors didn't do blood work.

Until you are positive you have a sensible diagnosis, keep checking it out. Unlike POTS, this is something you can point to and say: here it is and it wasn't here before!

As to the lump in your mouth, have you searched "torus palatinus"? My sister has one and it is something she grew up having. It usually comes from narrow palates and is just a bony anomaly. I am not a dentist but she was told it would only be an issue if she needed upper dentures or something like that -- which, fortunately, she doesn't.

OLL