Wiggles Leader With Fainting Spells

mom4cem

Thanks for posting this link. I thought it was really interesting.

Thought this was interesting, and wanted to share:

from http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1564284,00.html

Popular Wiggles Singer Quits Due to Health Woes

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2006 07:30PM EST

By Tim Nudd and Mark Dagostino

Photo by: Derek Storm / FilmMagic

Greg Page, who performs as the Yellow Wiggle in the hugely successful Australian preschool band The Wiggles, is leaving the group due to a chronic health condition.

Page suffers from Orthostatic Intolerance, a condition that affects balance, breathing and coordination, the band says in a press release. The condition, which is related to blood-pressure issues, is not considered life-threatening.

Former understudy Sam Moran will replace Page as the Yellow Wiggle.

Page, 34, was a founding member of the Wiggles and has been playing with the group for 15 years.

"This emotional decision was one which was very difficult, as I have dedicated almost half my life to the Wiggles," he says. "With a question mark over my health, I feel that this is the right decision. I will miss The Wiggles and the other guys very much, as well as seeing all the children in the audiences that we perform in front of."

Wiggles performances combine live action and audience participation, with the help from a variety of costumed characters.

The band has sold more than 20 million videos worldwide and play more than 200 live shows annually. They also appear twice a day on the Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney programming block.

Murray Cook, the Red Wiggle, expressed his sadness about his bandmate's departure. "We've been through many adventures together. We will miss Greg as a superb singer, performer and songwriter, but mostly we'll miss him on the road as a friend and ally. We wish him well in dealing with his illness and in future."

Thanks so much for posting this article, I just sent it to my family and friends.

I find this to be a SUPER example of a healthy active guy who loves his job, seems to be in shape, and loves life... and he is knocked down by this illness. I feel TERRIBLE for him to have to suffer through this, BUT I am anxious to see how this pans out as far as awareness and understanding with the general public.

Maybe Greg Page will join our discussion board. ;-)