You *can* Still Do Stuff If You Have Pots

persephone

I thought I'd share some of my happy moments in Oxford over recent weeks. Although I've had some pretty bad crashes (have been in hospital many times, had a hemiplegic migraine, and passed out several times), I still think things are going really well. Even the bad days are good days, because they are better than the good days were last year! There have been days when I've been unable to move- but look at the good times I've had! These are what I am trying to focus on. No matter how bad things get, I know I will have more good times again, and that makes everything easier to bear :)

This first picture is of me and my friend Beth- she graduated yesterday, and I got invited along. This was taken in St Johns college, Tony Blair's old college.

giggles.jpg

-------

This shot is of me in the deer park at Magdalen College. Oscar Wilde studied here.

me-1.jpg

-------

This is of Beth, Laura and I- we are all studying medieval PhDs and we often meet up for cake and giggles.

blurry-1.jpg

-------

This is my friend Reb, who is also doing a medieval PhD-- she is from San Antonio in Texas, and studied at Baylor for her undergrad. She is a ballerina- so pretty and so smart- it's just not fair :( This was her birthday party.

kylieandreb.jpg

--------------

These are my friends Seth and Chrissie. This was at a bop (dance) at St Catherine's College. Seth is blind. He is also one of the smartest medievalists I know.

n9207377_31870223_5442.jpg

------

n36813602_31691038_3631.jpg

This was with my friend Anna at a masque at Christ Church on halloween. I had submitted my thesis on this day and was HIGH AS A KITE!

Oh, Persephone...I am so thrilled that things are going better for you this year. I know last year was pretty rough. Gee, it is so good that you are so delighted to be working on your Ph.D. If I were there, I would give you a big hug.

In a couple weeks we are off to London for my daughter's graduation from London School of Economics where she has earned her Masters with Merit in Political Economy.

I feel like you are almost my second daughter. You look (I know looks can be deceiving) so happy, with that glow of pride surrounding you.

Keep thinking of the brighter things...You are on the way to glory!

Lois

Oh I'm soo glad that you have been getting out!! :( I was a new member last year and I missed most of your posts during your rough patch.. I hope to make it to London sometime, not too sure about the plane ride though.