Im Worried About My Blood Pressure

nikigrl8883

i have been monitoring my bp daily and ive noticed some startling things now ive noticed the longer i stand the lower my blood pressure goes and ive noticed that the bottom number is say like 75 and the top number will be like 95 there too close together in range im scared to walk the top number usually drops and the bottomnumber is still normal but too close to the top number i didnt think my bp was doing that i thought it was normal standing sometimes it is

but lately its been off no wonder i am always dizzy and lightheaded theres no winning

It sounds like you typically have low blood pressure and when you stand it goes even lower. I can certainly identify with this problem. (My pressure bottoms out pretty quickly if I don't keep moving when I am standing). I have not heard of there being a problem with the diastolic and systolic numbers being close. However, I am not a doctor so if you are concerned, consult a professional. Certainly if you are symptomatic during the blood pressure changes, this would need to be discussed with your doctor. Also, be aware that blood pressure changes almost constantly so you may get all kinds of strange readings if you take your readings frequently. Hang in there and good luck.

Carmen

The difference between the diastolic & systolic numbers is called the "pulse pressure." When there is a wide spread between the numbers, it is generally considered to be a bad thing, indicating inflammation and disease. This is usually indicative of high BP. When you have a narrow pulse pressure, it is usually considered to be positive, indicative of very healthy vein walls. However, when the pulse pressure is really narrow, it is worrisome because of the symptoms you've listed- lightheadedness, etc. This is usually indicative of very low BP. I'd definately mention it to your doctor.

Julie

I'm not familiar with what testing you've had done, but have you ever had blood volume tested?

When my pulse pressure narrowed (and I was feeling really poorly), that's when my doctor suggested florinef to "hold onto" the fluids. My doctor knew by my blood volume test that I was low.

Have you tried increasing salt and fluid? Are you particularly fatigued or lacking sleep? Are you recovering from an illness or your period?

My pulse pressure/blood pressure changes so I can't describe "usual" for me. Sometimes it's perfect;sometimes it's low;sometimes it's high.

i dont think ive had blood volume tested i dont know...and i havent had myh period this month yet so its not thatunless pots was viral im not recovering from ilness i dont know sighhhh lol i am going for that study ill ask the doc about it

i dont think ive had blood volume tested i dont know...and i havent had myh period this month yet so its not thatunless pots was viral im not recovering from ilness i dont know sighhhh lol i am going for that study ill ask the doc about it

i usually sleep pretty good tired somtimes yes if i over exert myslef defenatly i dont drink enough i guess i should and salt it up more

As is sometimes it is high too..and I have seen mine as many as 70 between and as close as 15 between maybe less. You sweetheart girl..it is scary at times to have these readings. I remember when I was first diagnosed this issue crossed my mind.

Hang in there..Bee B)

I just wanted to say hang in there! Also you can write dpwn all your readings and then take them to your doctor and tlak to them about it. It might help them know whats going on. Just a thought!

Hope things start getting better for you! B)