Seasick

Foxyblue

Hello everyone,

New to me this year is a seasick feeling. I call it "seasick" because I don't know how else to describe it. Usually, it occurs at the end of a day when I have particularly abused my body: dancing at a wedding, walking around all day long at a zoo. Sometimes, it hits me the next day. I'll be walking and suddenly I lose balance, hit walls and feel as if I cannot walk straight. One time I tried to sit up in bed and I just could not do it. I swayed badly every time I started to. Also, the other day, while sitting, I rolled my eyes at something and I felt horrible. My head felt like it was swaying, my balance was off and the room looked like it shook. It only lasted a second. Anyone have any of this stuff?

Thanks,

Bri

Hello everyone,

New to me this year is a seasick feeling. I call it "seasick" because I don't know how else to describe it. Usually, it occurs at the end of a day when I have particularly abused my body: dancing at a wedding, walking around all day long at a zoo. Sometimes, it hits me the next day. I'll be walking and suddenly I lose balance, hit walls and feel as if I cannot walk straight. One time I tried to sit up in bed and I just could not do it. I swayed badly every time I started to. Also, the other day, while sitting, I rolled my eyes at something and I felt horrible. My head felt like it was swaying, my balance was off and the room looked like it shook. It only lasted a second. Anyone have any of this stuff?

Thanks,

Bri

Hi Bri,

Yes, I have the same "seasick" experiences that you have described a major portion of my day every day. When I describe what I am feeling to people who ask, I also use the term "seasick".

Jodie

i definitely feel "seasick" when a passenger in a car, especially when there is a lot of starting or stopping...

i get it at other times too that don't follow any rhyme or reason.

:) melissa

Yes! I do as well. Tonight I was walking next to my husband (outside) and I told him that I felt like I was walking on one of those "moving sidewalks" at airports, etc. Anyways, I think I know the feeling! Yuck!

Lisa

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Bri

I agree with you. I also suffer the same feeling and it is difficult to describe.

I cannot dance, sing, talk loud... Going by train, plane, boat and even car can be a nightmare, because of feeling "seasick". ;) And yes, sometimes it hits the next day... I remember an End of the Year family-party home. We danced till late. The following day, I was feeling seasick, with nauseas, headache and pain... I had to stay in bed for the whole day... But that was two years ago. Now it is even worse.

It is so sad not being able to sing. :(

Tessa

Hi!

Yeah I get the seasick feeling too. As far as feeling "clumsy," that is worse in the Am or after exerting myself physically. When i lay in bed at night, though, the world seems to be rocking back and forth. It's really annoying!!

Yep, though not quite as bad now. I also get this weird thing where if I've been in a car and then we stop I start feeling dizzy and for sometime after, also with things like lifts, I still feel as if I'm moving for ages afterwards.

hi bri,

i've hadthis for the past couple of months now and just had a diagnosis of labrynthitis, an inner ear inbalance. i'm on my fifth lot of medication for it.

it does just feel like you are permanantly on a ferry, it's so horrible, at least i seem to have stopped falling everytime i bend over but i'm still stumbling round like a drunk, the headaches and sickness that ome with this are horrible. and my lips are still numb, when i move my eyes they flicker and cause palpitations. for me this is more disabling than my pots has been for a long time.

bebs x x