Lightheaded All The Time /dizzy

nikigrl8883

i am seriously lightheaded all the time and i get this feeling like im in an elevator that drops you know that feeling people get ina n elevatr? i get that somtimes ..also i get the sensation of moving like i moving not spinning but moving somehow like im moving....ive been like this since this all started in april... ive had mris and there was noting to explain this i hate that feeling its what stops me from doing things ...it makes me nervous to go places ...my ears dont hurt at all i dont know why i get that all the time :P

Don't have anything to offer in terms of advice...but just wanted to say I share your frustration and experience all those same feelings. This month I reach my 2 year anniversary of when this all started so suddenly one day. In that time I don't think there has been a moment I wasn't dizzy or nauseaus, or both (among all the other symptoms). I know it's hard but stay positive- I believe its gotta get better for us.

Hang in there.

-Elle

yes my pulse goes way up when i stand the beta blocker i take helps that compared to what it was before but there a big change //i feel lighthead and faint even sitting though somtimes my head feels wierd worse when walking i guess but it like a constant feeling i dont really know how to descibe it exactly.. somthings really wrong here but this has been going on since it started in may it been like 6 months of it and ive had all the tests to rule out major things it doesnt make sence...ive had mris a transcrannial dopler eeg ct scan heart tests blood work the only thing that has shown up at all is the tilttable test heart rate changes and a slightly elevated prolactin level at the hormone doctor ive had an mri of the pit gland there was no sign of tumor ....i also feel edgy and keyed up or extrenly tired i dont know what this is

i feel like im the only alive with it even alot of people on here dont relate to all my symptoms :P

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I had the same experience when I first became ill. I know a lot of these symptoms can be scary and you should explore other diagnostic testing to make sure there isn't anything else contributing or causing those symptoms.

With that said...it is possible that all of these issues are related to POTS. There are mulitiple symptoms that can manifest with this disorder with varing degrees of intensity for each individual person. I don't say this to discourage you from getting a full medical workup..on the contrary I believe it's very important to have everything checked out....just know that there ARE people here who have the same symptoms...it's very common with POTS.

As to the "keyed up" feeling you get...again this CAN be another symptom with dysautonomia...usually attributed to a hightened sympathetic NS...again this is not abnormal for those of us with ANS problems. If you haven't already...you should check out the main website..all of these symptoms are listed plus a bunch of others!! :P

You described my symptoms. I just posted a topic about sitting and being lightheaded. I've been sick for 2 yrs but origionally I was just having Major nausea issues so some of these POTS symptoms are kinda new to me in the last 6 months. It's like it switched systems or something. I can't offer any advise but want to say hang in there and trust me, your not alone.

Dayna

Hi. If the symptoms are constant, then it doesn't make sense that postural autonomic changes are connected. I was so lightheaded in ways that are hard to describe, as so many of you have experienced, that I went through all kinds of testing, too. I had postural symptoms, of course, but there was a kind of lightheadedness which would last no matter what posture I was in.

Long story short...reducing the beta blocker really helped a lot, a whole lot. I had to rule out things and then spend time convincing doctors, but finally I was encouraged to cut the dose in half or less. The beta blocker helps the tachy but had made the lightheadedness much more severe and constant.

I hope you get some help soon.

OLL

old lady lightheaded,

i have been liek this since before i even took the beta blocker and i only take a half of atenaol a day so i dont know no one does what the heck is causing it all the time it is wierd that no one can find out why ive had all the blood tests to rule out things that would casue that and all of them were normal... i even had my eyes examined just normal as usual the only thing that has been shown up on tests since i got this were the pots symptoms and a slighty elevated prolactin level without a tuomor my adrenals were in normal range and so was thyroid so i dont know!