Influenza And Pneumonia Shot?

Jacquie802

Hi,

I'm just curious who has gotten both the influenza AND pneumonia shot? My doc wants me to get both.. What were your experiences?

Thanks!

Jacquie

i have had the flu shot for years without a problem. there have been numerous other discussions so i'm going to leave it at that for that one.

i got the pneumonia shot last year (it doesn't need to be given yearly) and didn't haven't any systemic problems from it at all. it did make my arm SUPER sore/painful for several days...all the way through my arm into my armpit. it wasn't the most painful shot to GET (i've found lovenox, heparin, & procrit to all be worse) but it definitely had the worst pain afterward. i would never use that as a reason not to get it though & when it comes time for me to get it again i will.

hope this helps,

:D melissa

don't know about the pneumonia shot (but did have pneumonia last year!), but I strongly advise any lymies or possible lymies to speak with your doctor beforehand.

I had a major exacerbation that lasted a long time following the flu shot last year. Now that I know I have lyme, I've been reading that those with the infection are advised against, for this very reason.

Where did you catch the Lyme disease at? What part of the USA or world?

Thanks,

John

don't know about the pneumonia shot (but did have pneumonia last year!), but I strongly advise any lymies or possible lymies to speak with your doctor beforehand.

I had a major exacerbation that lasted a long time following the flu shot last year. Now that I know I have lyme, I've been reading that those with the infection are advised against, for this very reason.

Ariella,

Thank you for the info on Lyme's and the flu shot. I did have Lyme's and was never properly treated as it was new to the medical field when I got it. They finally biopsied the area and found the spirochete. What is the problem with getting the flu shot and having post Lyme's do you know? My doctor has never mentioned it.

I have only had one flu shot in my life. Have had influenza twice and it was BAD!!!!!!!!!!! I just fret about getting it.

Dawn