Does Anyone Homeschool Their Kids

DSM3KIDZ

Me and my husband are probally going to homeschool starting next year. Does anyone here homeschool or have they homeschooled?

The only thing I'm nervous about is my brain fog. I sometimes feel stupid-really. My husband and I are going to partnership on it so I'll have his brains and the internet and library for research.

Does anyone know of any natural supplements that helps with brain fog?

Dayna

Dayna,

I homeschooled both my kids, my daughter k-2 and then 5th and then her senior year of high school. I homeschooled my son k-3rd grade. I did not have POTS at the time. It's good to join a support group if you have one in your area. It really helped having other parents who had experience and ideas. It also was neat to pull resources and go on outings together. We had art class with about 15 kids at our house and it was a blast.

Kim

This is the first year that we are doing this. Jesse is a junior in high school. It is going very well. There are alot of resourses on the internet and each state also has virtual public school as long as you register in February for the next year (open enrollment) which we missed. We may do that next year.

I do the language arts, geography and history. My husband does the math and science.

I can lay on the couch and read to him, look at his outlines and papers etc. It's much better than the stress I had with him in school. He is home due to behavior issues.

Dawn

I don't have children but SO ADMIRE those that are able to homeschool their kids!

Especially in todays climate of rudeness or violence run amok in shcools.

It has also not been lost on me that most winners of the Spelling Bee contests are home schooled kids!! And some of those words I never even heard about?

Congrats to all of you who homeschool. My nephew and his wife want to homeschool their kids....once they finally have a child! LOL

• 3 months later...

Ok, so I'm asleep at the flippers - and replying 5 months after your post.

Yep, I home schooled my children K-12 and they went on to college. My daughter graduated cum laude in December, and my son is a junior in the honors program. So it can work. I was undiagnosed but very compromised almost all the time. Things got a little more complicated when my husband died by an accident when the children were 15 and 18. But we continued on, and HSLDA supported our educational goal - to continue home education - tremendous organization.

I currently privately tutor from my home - and am very successful in helping children become indedpendent and engaged learners. It's lots of fun. I really miss the home education environment, and tutoring helps.

• 1 month later...

ok, I was asleep at the flippers too. lol

We have gone back and forth on this for our 5 year old. We have another baby due in november so I think we will send her to first grade and then home school.

I have a bunch of links on my blog site for homeschooling resources.

http://purposefullygrounded.blogspot.com/

Right now I do 45 minutes before kindergarten starts (reading out of the McGuffy readers, a word math problem, a page of hebrew, spelling list and some sight reading words.) Then in the afternoon my husband does an hour of reading and writing and alphabetization with her while I am at work. She is already way ahead. She likes it because we can dwell on the things she wants to dwell on. She frequently will ask me to go over a spelling list or re-read a primer lesson so she can get it right. (-;