Headaches...ouch

Jacquie802

OK, so I have finally decided to call my new neuro who I have yet to see to see if I can be put on some sort of cancellation list...The headaches are soo bad at this point, that I have decided to "cave in" and call....

As for others with headaches, does anyone ever feel like they smell weird odors?? Sometimes I feel like I can smell a bug spray or some sort of odor along those lines when it's not really there (according to those who I am with anyhow)...I usually have the headaches when this occurs....

I know I have more awareness when it comes to smells, like it's heightened or something. My senses are aggravated by sight and smell when I have a migraine.

i have not had this myself but i know that some with migraines do.

:) melissa

Phantom smells can be part of aura activity prior to a migraine... not sure what else causes them, but I know when I had my smell and taste evaluation this past summer, they asked if I'd had phantom smells and/or altered smells where you know what something should smell like but what you percieve isn't that thing-- I don't have either, so I never bothered to ask why.

Nina

Hey, I've had that happen! Isn't it the weirdest thing.. smelling something that isn't there. I get it when I take Tylenol. I'll start to smell a metal sort of smell and than I usually get a headache with it. If it only take a 1/4 of a tylenol, it doesn't happen, so for me it has more to do with a reaction to tylenol.

Jaquie,

I'm getting a bit concerned since you've been posting for awhile about your horrible headaches. I can't remember if this was brought up before, but both florinef and midodrine can cause headaches if the dose is too high. Florinef can actually cause the brain to swell if used improperly.

Have you spoken to the doctor that's prescribing these meds? While it sounds like you're having migranes, it would probably be wise to rule out your medications as the culprit.