Do You Actually Crave Salt?

lalalisa

Hello!

All of the sudden the past couple of weeks I've been craving so much salt it's not even funny. Even now as I'm writing this it's almost 2 am (ughh! insomnia) and I'm pouring salt over each tortilla chip that I eat.

It's like I can't get enough of it!!!

Anyone else experience this?

Just wondering, :)

Lisa

yes iget to crave salt.. usually in the middle of the night.. drung my salt craving i chow down on green olives... when i'm craving salt really bad i usually eat about half a jar of olives!.. then follow it with milk.. middle of the night salt cravings usually are followed with milk cravings..

Hi!

I guess I am the odd one here...I HATE salt. I don't like salt on anything. I eat potato chips, etc. but I never add salt to any of my foods!

Jacquie

Well I used to HATE salt. My mom would salt EVERYthing we ate when I was little and it was so disgusting to me, I'd wipe all the salt off (she has NMH, too, and she just CRAVES salty things).

Now that I have NMH and have learned to like a salty diet, I do have salt cravings. Sometimes I buy soft pretzels on the boardwalk just to lick the big pieces of salt off the top (my friends gag when they watch me do that). :-/

My doctor gave me a list a while ago of "salty foods" and it listed them in order from "REALLY salty" to "somewhat salty" and I think pickles were near the top of the list. So they might be a good snack for you.

Other people think it's gross and weird, but I think you're normal- or at least weird just like me.

:-P